This update builds on the last and develops the automated systems needed to continue production of the Stargate mega-project. Smart arms, scientists, super-computers and engineering combinatronics are introduced together with the research system and phases 3 and 4 of Stargate production. If that's not enough, you'll need to channel your inner warmonger to beat back the (un)healthy dose of combative space-enviro antagonists.
Science / Research system
There is a research & development system allowing you to unlock advanced technologies.
All R&D is performed by Scientists (a new entity type) and uses Science Stations and Supercomputers.
You can unlock equipment blueprints, performance enhancements, and Stargate Updates.
- NEW EQUIPMENT : Science station
- NEW EQUIPMENT : Super computer
- NEW EQUIPMENT : Energy Transmitter
- NEW CREW: Scientists
Industry mode / Stargate continued
Phases 3 and 4 of the Stargate project are now available for completion.
Phase 3 requires science research to complete.
Phase 4 requires an energy test, with your ships providing sufficient energy to the stargate for a fixed period.
- Opposition - There are now hostile forces within the sector who oppose the construction of the stargate.
Their threat level will slowly increase as you make progress.
- The central stargate system will now ‘re-stock’ periodically on critical equipment and resources
- Asteroid minerals will now be merged into larger stacks when there are so many in space
that it begins to affect performance (>1000 minerals close together)
- NEW EQUIPMENT: Small Robot Arm - A Robot Arm variant with an arm length of 1
- NEW EQUIPMENT: Smart Robot Arm => A Robot Arm that only picks up specified objects
- Robot Arms now require 1MW of power each
- Robot Arms now combine containers of the same type like Entities
- New & Improved FTL window
- Issue #24: Battle stations button missing
- Issue #29: Mission cargo not unloading (partially fixed in Alpha 4, but not with tiddlets)
- Issue #39: Destroyed spacesuit remaining on entity
- Issue #30: Fusion reactor rendering weird effects on ship
- Issue #60: Crew no longer invisible when deleting spacesuit
- Issue #51: Robot Arms can now add and remove fuel cannisters from fuel loaders. Robot Arms can now add and remove Compost and Seeds from Hydroponic Garden. Robot arms can now add and remove FTL Charges from FTL Drives. Robot Arms can now add drones to and remove Cargo from Drone Bays.
- Issue #52: Crew in Spacesuits can no longer be picked up by Robot Arms or carried by Tracks
- Issue #61: Robot Arms picking up each other’s items
- Issue #73: Robot Arms can no longer pick up items through walls
- Issue #54: Fixes Drones picking up Entities Issue
- Issue #65: Tracks no longer get stuck and unable to move an item into an ‘empty’ space
- Issue #67: Fixes Storage Areas not persisting in save games if there is a track on top of them
- Issue #56: Craftable equipment no longer thinks it’s a factory and is no longer right-clickable
- Multiple jobs can no longer have the same Id