Have You Played?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Maryjohn0192
level0

Have You Played?

Postby Maryjohn0192 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:27 am

Have You Played it? is an endless stream of game retrospectives. One a day, every day of the year, perhaps for all time.

Ohh no, I can’t play Defcon [official site]. Not any more. I had a few fun lunchbreaks playing Introversion’s slimline strategy game with co-workers but no, I think I’m done with global thermonuclear war. I think the coughing got to me. See here to buy essays.

So then, we’re all going to die! Almost all of us, anyway. With nuclear armageddon inevitable, Defcon stages set to tick down at fixed intervals whether we want them to or not, you’d better prepare. It all plays out from the cold, detached view of a war room world map.

Defcon 5. Maybe start building bases, plopping down radar facilities, airbases, and nuclear missile silos. Your ships and submarines can freely roam the world so hey, get out there and meet people. What a lovely day to be alive!

Defcon 4 ticks over after a few minutes. Oh. No, that’s fine. Sure, your radar is keeping a close eye on everyone now but isn’t it nice to know where your friends are? You might want to declare someone your BFF, just in case, someone who’d never betray you.

Defcon 3 and away we go! Air forces and navies start scrapping but hey, it’s just a bit of roughhousing. We can get past this, can’t we?
Mojo
level2
level2

Re: Have You Played?

Postby Mojo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Nice post :D

Return to “General”