Mold Removal?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

stindows
level2
level2

Mold Removal?

Postby stindows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:21 pm

We've got a mold situation in our basement because laminate was installed over carpet tiles (I believe that's the cause). We had the basement tested for mold and the reading came back extremely high but the guy told us it's not the fatal kind. That's about all he told us and didn't even make suggestions about who we could contact to get it removed.

Does anyone have recommendations for a professional mold removal company that would be able to take up our flooring?
presserffg
level1
level1

Re: Mold Removal?

Postby presserffg » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:22 pm

stindows wrote:We've got a mold situation in our basement because laminate was installed over carpet tiles (I believe that's the cause). We had the basement tested for mold and the reading came back extremely high but the guy told us it's not the fatal kind. That's about all he told us and didn't even make suggestions about who we could contact to get it removed.

Does anyone have recommendations for a professional mold removal company that would be able to take up our flooring?

No offence to you... But what kind of slack @ss professional provides a reading, but can't remediate or provide a recommendation for a remediation company for a found problem?
graduateduser
level2
level2

Postby graduateduser » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Here's a company that does mold remediation:

Pinchin Environmental

I've never used them personally but a company I worked for used them for all their abatement matters. If you do use them or someone else, please share your experience.
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm

presserffg wrote:
stindows wrote:We've got a mold situation in our basement because laminate was installed over carpet tiles (I believe that's the cause). We had the basement tested for mold and the reading came back extremely high but the guy told us it's not the fatal kind. That's about all he told us and didn't even make suggestions about who we could contact to get it removed.

No offence to you... But what kind of slack @ss professional provides a reading, but can't remediate or provide a recommendation for a remediation company for a found problem?

We asked ourselves the same question. All we got was the reporting saying the mold was super high and they then told us that we should remove the carpet. No recommendation of getting someone, No clarification of whether we should do it ourselves. Nothing. We were pretty stumped so of course I started researching the results and figured out for myself that while not deadly, the remediation should be done by professionals. My husband just called them recently to get further clarification and recommendation for removal and they actually have mold removal services. No idea why they never mentioned that originally. The only thing I can think of is the guy got us mixed up with someone else at the time and thought we were someone else. My husband had to follow up several times after the report came back and the guy seemed confused about who we were. We just booked them to remove the stuff....fingers crossed. I just want it gone. Funny thing is their homestars rating is amazing with tonnes and tonnes of reviews. That's why I picked them but we didn't have the same experience. I'm hoping it was just a mix up and that this whole thing will be done soon.........
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Actually IMHO it's a good way of being confident that the report is objective and not churning for work for "recommended contractors for remediation".

I'd be more worried of the report (mold, asbestos, whatever) came back high, and the same guy has a handy list of references of who can fix the "problem" "right away".
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm

roomftrhaver wrote:Actually IMHO it's a good way of being confident that the report is objective and not churning for work for "recommended contractors for remediation".

I'd be more worried of the report (mold, asbestos, whatever) came back high, and the same guy has a handy list of references of who can fix the "problem" "right away".
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.

I like your perspective. I hadn't thought of it that way but it does make me more confident about the results since he wasn't trying to shove services down our throat!
presserffg
level1
level1

Postby presserffg » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

That's like the best sales pitch ever. Tell you there is problem and nothing more because the next question out of your mouth will be do you do mold removal? Wait for the customer to come to you!
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Mold remover is a little of a misnomer, It is a “Mold Sttain Remover” I do not believe you are actually removing the mold, just the stains left behind. Seems like mostly a bleach to me.
graduateduser
level2
level2

Postby graduateduser » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:30 pm

How does that work? I see the video but i don’t understand how it removes mold, I thought those things were resistant as heck . Even bleach doesn’t really remove it that way.

Return to “General”