Anyone noticed any changes for modding in 1.0(?)

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Brento666
level3
level3

Anyone noticed any changes for modding in 1.0(?)

Postby Brento666 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi Yall! Happy to report the 1.0 release of PA not breaking my wip mod!

Reading the release notes it says that hundreds of bugs are now squashed, but the list that follows isn't even close to that number.. Also the list doesn't mention any issues being fixed specific to modding...

Now I was hoping there'd at least be a few fixes, for the situations where the game completely crashes.
-For instance when you use a kept reference to an entity that has just left the map (or was just deleted) ! (even just checking if it's nil causes a crash)

So does anyone know or found any differences to alpha 36? ...I'd readily retest stuff if I had an inkling any work was done on the api !
Turtle_Sandwich
level1
level1

Re: Anyone noticed any changes for modding in 1.0(?)

Postby Turtle_Sandwich » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:38 am

Sadly, none.

I was really hoping forward to adding custom code into the game, or perhaps more LUA functions.

Nope, just Escape Mode and some new campaigns, guess we'll have to wait until their break is over before they make a patch including some. Or maybe they'll just abandon us.
Mavoc
level1
level1

Postby Mavoc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:28 am

I have never had an issue with getting info on an object that just left the map. In fact I have a function DoesObjectExist which checks a reference's Pos.x to see if it is still on the map. I have had a different quirky issue that seems to only affect me along with seeing bugs from players also with their own unique issues. It might be worth trying to delete your local game files and redownloading from scratch to see if you have any changes in your crash.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 pm

That's at least something for me to retest then, tnx for that bit of info Mavok!
Maybe it was me, doing something else horribly wrong at the time, or maybe it is time to recheck the cache...

@Turtle_sandwich; yeah I two was hoping for something new.. I wasn't expecting any real api extensions at this point, but rather some fixes to tackle weird bugs, like the insta-crash you get if you tag a custom entity with the 'guard' property. Or some update to getnearby, so it would return walls, tunnels or jobs.

-> From my quick analysis of the differences between alpha36 and v1.0, I think that the most changes us modders can benefit from, is probably sounds...
The sounds.txt grew a bit and the sounds folder got some new samples two. Hopefully some more samplegroups previously disabled are now enabled, but I haven't had time to really compare what's new here yet..
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:27 pm

@Mavoc do you do that test in a pcall()? What happens when the object is no longer on map?
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:49 pm

I'd expect there to be some new properties on prisoners and whatever entity type represents the player in escape mode (maybe the 'Actor' entity type? needs further testing...)

I'd expect at least some new stuff on Prisoners, but I know Dubpub is investigating those so will see what he comes back with.

It would be great if we could script all the things end-user is able to do, like start digging tunnels, starting fights, etc.

Return to “Modding”