[Sugestion] Intimate Visit

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Shion
level0

[Sugestion] Intimate Visit

Postby Shion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I'm a lover of simulation games for a long time and I'm having a lot of fun with Prison Architect.
I know its still alpha, and so i think thats the time to sugest some new details.

* Intimate Visit

This aspect of the game would require:
-> Intimate Visit room (requires bed and can only be used by one inmate plus his partner at a time)
-> Love/Sexual need

Also, I think that this should not be a normal '1 hour schedule each day' on the regime, but a different control could be applied individually (similar to changing min, mormal, max, supermax). That would make some inmates to be allowed to have intimate visits once in a while (not daily, but weekly, maybe?).
This need gauge would not scale as fast as higiene/sleep, and would actually be slower/faster depending on inmate's specific biography (if he has girlfriend/wife, it would be faster). Such control would (maybe) require a new tab on reports:

-> Intimate Visit (report tab)

Following this thinking, we could assume that inmates without girlfriend/wife would have no Love/Sexual need. But we all know that is rarelly true, but such inmates doesn't necessarily have someone to visit them (lol). Such situation would drive some of them to:
1- act violently;
2- try to rape;
3- have a intimate relationship with another inmate (sometimes due to love, sometimes in trade for protection and contrabands).

Situations 1 and 2 can be supressed, but (as always) we can think in a better solution:
-> Behavior Treatment could solve it or we could even have a specific program just for this kind of "unfulfilled need".

Situation 3 is a trick one and can be adressed with several other (already posted) sugestions, such as: doble beds. But i would prefer such inmates would "require" an Intimate Visit schedule for them, to be happier. This is also a situation that can lead to the formation of "Gangs/Factions" that will be a different post i will make soon.

Summarizing:
-> Intimate Visit room (requires bed and can only be used by one inmate plus his partner at a time)
-> Love/Sexual need
-> Intimate Visit (report tab where the player can allow/disallow and schedule this individualy for each inmate)
-> New Program to treat the need for it (or maybe include it on Behavior treatment)

I know that this is a long shot for a sugestion, but i love simulation games and i think this aspect was not explored yet (sexual/love need).
I know this theme can be complicated: sex, rape, homossexuality, but would be another difficult to be added to the game (maybe a check box in the "new game screen".

Please, comment what you guys think and sugest improvments to this idea =)

Thanks,
Shion
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: [Sugestion] Intimate Visit

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Long story short... you want conjugal visits.
Shion
level0

Postby Shion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:42 pm

Just saw there was a sugestion using "marital visit", so i sent my post to that topic.
LINK: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49799&p=585960#p585960

If moderators want, can close this one.
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:08 pm

Inmates should be able to break up with girlfriends and fight with exes too.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:49 pm

when we are at it i would love to have some sort of indication of how that prisoner feels, like a coloured orb.

Return to “Community Members”