Jordy...a new moderator?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

Should Jordy be our new moderator?

HELL YA! Jordy can get the job done! JORDY FTW!!!
0
No votes
Yes. There is always a room for a new moderator.
0
No votes
No. Vicious, bert_the_turtle, and jelco can handle this alone.
8
50%
Jordy...GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! YOU'RE AN EPIC FAIL!
8
50%
 
Total votes: 16
User avatar
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Yoshis Island

Jordy...a new moderator?

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:02 am

Well...Jordy has been pushing this and I think that everyone in Introversion needs to vote right now. The Introversion staff will have the final decision.

THE VOTING IS ABOVE. REMEMBER TO VOTE! DO YOU THINK JORDY SHOULD BE OUR NEW MODERATOR?
Last edited by Admiral Yoshi on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Re: Jordy...a new moderator?

Postby Feud » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:06 am

Admiral Yoshi wrote:Well...Jordy has been pushing this and I think that everyone in Introversion needs to vote right now. Vicious, bert_the_turtle, and jelco will have the final decision if Jordy should be our newest Moderator.

THE VOTING IS ABOVE. REMEMBER TO VOTE! SHOULD JORDY BE OUR NEW MODERATOR?


I am very much against democratic selection of forum moderators. Additionally, I think that if anyone is to have a final decision, it ought to be someone who actually works for Introversion (you know, those guys who own this website).
User avatar
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Yoshis Island

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 am

But Feud, if the majority of the Introversion fans want Jordy to be the new moderator, then the Intorversion staff must concede and let Jordy do the job.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:18 am

Admiral Yoshi wrote:But Feud, if the majority of the Introversion fans want Jordy to be the new moderator, then the Intorversion staff must concede and let Jordy do the job.


No they don't.
User avatar
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Yoshis Island

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 am

Well then, Feud. How do they decide?
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:30 am

lololol^^

Now, onto a more serious subject! I thoroughly dislike the 4th option! It's incitement and I feel like you are out there to get me and discredit my name! I want it to be removed now! Or I will make sure you get banned from the forums.. FOR GOOD! Is that clear, is that understood?!
"Epic fail" ... PFfff You my friend are an EPIC FAIL!!! GET OUTTTT NOWEW!!!
User avatar
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Yoshis Island

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 am

Jordy... wrote:lololol^^

Now, onto a more serious subject! I thoroughly dislike the 4th option! It's incitement and I feel like you are out there to get me and discredit my name! I want it to be removed now! Or I will make sure you get banned from the forums.. FOR GOOD! Is that clear, is that understood?!
"Epic fail" ... PFfff You my friend are an EPIC FAIL!!! GET OUTTTT NOWEW!!!


Now hear and understand, Jordy! I'm just posting suggestions here! Those polls are for the people to vote! Do NOT blame me if the majority of them voted for the 4th option!

Truthfully, I think you would make a great moderator, but THIS JOB should be for the ones who are benevolent and understanding!!! If you are going to rant right now instead of doing your duties, then I suggest that you resign from being even a moderator!

The 4 posts are for the people to decide. I'm not even allowed to put it in my vote in here. If the majority votes wants you to be the new moderator, then fine, but if the majority rebukes you for being a moderator, then that's it. I'm not in control here. The first and last option is for the extreme people (like you). If they chose the first one, then they love you as a BFF, without a doubt. If the 4th option is selected, then that's it, you have haters. The first and the last option was for the people who really either have a strong bond or a strong hate.

I don't hate you, Jordy. In fact, for me, you're not ready yet. By that attitude, you still need to learn benevolence. And when you're benevolence has improved, then the Introversion staff will take you in. Simple. And if that happens, then I'll rejoice!

I don't hate you.



PS: You spelled "now" wrong.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 am

FY! You ARE BS! And "now" is spelled as NOWEW FYI ! AH!!
User avatar
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Yoshis Island

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 am

Jordy... wrote:FY! You ARE BS! And "now" is spelled as NOWEW FYI ! AH!!


Jordy...you have now gone completely insane. If that continues...then I should have the moderators ban you.
User avatar
mibias
level5
level5
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:54 am
Location: Denmark

Postby mibias » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:13 am

I don't usually post a lot on these forums, but I have a pretty good idea how moderation works here. Yoshi and Jordy, you both seem to think that a moderator is someone who judges if a person is acting 'right', and banning people who are a nuisance.

In reality, we are a pretty self-moderating community. If someone is an idiot, he does not get banned; the community simply tells the person why he is an idiot. The idiot then either learns from his mistakes, or gets annoyed and eventually leaves the forums.

The only real job a moderator here has is to remove real spam (bots who advertise). Not pointless topics or persons.
User avatar
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Yoshis Island

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 am

mibias wrote:I don't usually post a lot on these forums, but I have a pretty good idea how moderation works here. Yoshi and Jordy, you both seem to think that a moderator is someone who judges if a person is acting 'right', and banning people who are a nuisance.

In reality, we are a pretty self-moderating community. If someone is an idiot, he does not get banned; the community simply tells the person why he is an idiot. The idiot then either learns from his mistakes, or gets annoyed and eventually leaves the forums.

The only real job a moderator here has is to remove real spam (bots who advertise). Not pointless topics or persons.


Ah! Thanks for the explanation! :)
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 am

That ofcourse I knew a long time ago, Yoshiu on the other hand...... SHOULD BE BANNED! as he now is my immortal enemy on the IV forums!
Snall
level1
level1
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:32 am

Postby Snall » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:07 am

Why isn't there an "I could care less" option? Also; I could care less. Also: Someone make Subversion for me.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 am

Snall wrote:Why isn't there an "I could care less" option? Also; I could care less. Also: Someone make Subversion for me.


No one cares if you could care less. If you couldn't care less however...
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
vanarbulax
level4
level4
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby vanarbulax » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 am

Snall wrote:Why isn't there an "I could care less" option? Also; I could care less. Also: Someone make Subversion for me.


I swear I just recently had to link to this. Well whatever it takes to turn the tide I guess.

Unless of course you have a interest, even a little bit, though I doubt that's what you meant.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests