New Spam moderater

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

We need Jordy... to save us from SPAM!

An excellent idea
20%
I would like that, but still rather I would be a spam moderater myself (mind you it's a tough job these days)
80%

Total votes: 5
Jordy...
level5
level5

New Spam moderater

Postby Jordy... » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:31 pm

I´m willing to sacrifice myself, to serve for the forum legion, as a second spam moderator.

My pro´s are:

- visiting site multiples times a day
- can decide what is spam and what is not in an objective way
- is willing to put the sake of the forum before his own personal goals

My con's are:

- Has indulged himself in Spam-activity in the past years (to know the mind of the enemy and how he operates)
- Can have possible failures of objectivity

So... Vote for me!
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 pm

bert, jelco and xander are more deserving.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:51 pm

I wouldn't mind being a moderator myself. I've noticed that there tends to be more spam offering around the times that I am online, which happens to when the local Europeans are not online. In terms of experience, the only online experience I have that could possibly apply is I have moderated and hosted more than a few Minecraft servers. Apart from that, I am a regular poster who has been with the forum for several years (3 active) now. I would like to think that I am somewhat diplomatic when it comes to the numerous forum arguments and believe I am more than capable of determining what is and isn't spam (not like it's hard).

One question; I know that NeoThermic's policy is not not delete any posts, preferring to censor them. Would you find it acceptable if a new moderator were to delete a spammer-created topic if its done before a non-spammer posts in it?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Actually, as long as no non-spam and non-spam-reporting posts are in a topic, they do get deleted even now.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Montyphy wrote:bert, jelco and xander are more deserving.

It's not about deserving imo, it's about who does the job best. You won't get any rewards for doing it (right?), only burdens...

That being said, I was just fooling around, and my personal vote goes to elexis if there seriously is gonna be a second spam moderater...^^
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Again, bert, jelco and xander are still more appropriate choices. They take enough time to report the topics, so clearly they can invest the time to edit and lock them too.

Assuming it's even necessary.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 pm

This is true. I have reported a couple (which appear to be deleted now - +1 to bert) but with most spam I don't really see the point in reporting them. There are usually already several other reported spam posts and it is save to assume that Neo has several notifications for them. When he gets online he will most certainly go through all the forums and at the very least find all the now-topic spam, reported or otherwise.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:38 pm

They seem to get cleaned up rather quickly, I guess it might not hurt to have another but I don't think it's really necessary.

If there were one than I think that, unless they had a strange work schedule, that someone from this side of the pond might work out well. That way you can try to match up NeoThermic's sleep schedule with someone who can be on regularly at those times.
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 am

Spamming? I don't notice it... What do you mean by spamming?
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 am

i can do it, if its needed all i need is the powers in this part of the forum.
NORAD_
level1
level1

Postby NORAD_ » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 am

There need to be quite a few forum moderators, like there are many admins on some of the Dedcon servers. For starters, add xander, bert, Jelco, and several others from different time zones. I'm not sure where bert, xander and Jelco are from, but I know Ace Rimmer is in GMT-7 so he could catch a lot of the spam posted after all the people in Europe have gone to bed. Also, I'm not sure if Edward regularly visits this part of the forum or if he would like to be moderator, but he is in Alaska which could be helpful. Vicious also seems quite eager to go beyond the Defcon forum, someone just needs to give him moderator powers in this part of the forum.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Give me the RRRIIIINNNNNGGGGG.... uh... unlimited power!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”