Introversion wins an Award!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Introversion wins an Award!

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm

You know how even your best friends can be really annoying at times, by banging on about the same thing again and again when no one else is interested? This usually happens when they have had a few beers, and it doesn't seem to matter what signals you send, they just do not get the message that they are boring the hell out of you. Well with Chris it's the compression of dynamic range of music to suit radio play, and ratios. 16:9, 4:3, 7:8 he'll talk for ages about it (if you ever invite him around to watch a DVD, you had better make sure you set up your projector correctly).

Well it turns out that his fanatic obsession with ratios has finally been rewarded. WideScreenGamuingForum.com have honored us with the "Field of Vision Award" for having an "exemplary record of supporting widescreen and/or Surround Gaming". Many of our dev team have found themselves on the receiving end of a stern and tedious lesson on the basics of aspect ratios, but now they will enjoy the fruits of all the hard work. Thanks guys, if you keep your fingers crossed, Chris might deliver Subversion in glorious 2.35:1!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Did somebody say Subversion.... :D

Congrats!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Wait, what?

Does this mean you might release a party patch? :D

lmao, I know the next patch won't be for a while.
NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Congrats on yet another award!
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Congratulations.

I love the Widescreen Gaming Forums (even if I don't yet have a widescreen monitor) because I know that, when I do, I know exactly were to look to get my games working as they should be.
Kajotex
level3
level3

Postby Kajotex » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Hahaha,

prepare for upcoming "... and oh yeah Iwon an award for knowing that!" added to his ratio-lecture. :lol:
If possible, try to avoid reading above material.
It contains around 46% of idiocity and 72% of unlogical stuff.
Ibrin
level0

Postby Ibrin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:00 pm

We were more than happy to give Introversion this award. It is developers like IV that prove the bigger studios simply aren't trying to support widescreen or Surround. We prepped the awards before I knew about Multiwinia, so I will be pulling the demo to review for the site (though I'm expecting nothing less than perfection). Looking forward to seeing Subversion in the near future.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:04 pm

Ibrin wrote:We were more than happy to give Introversion this award. It is developers like IV that prove the bigger studios simply aren't trying to support widescreen or Surround. We prepped the awards before I knew about Multiwinia, so I will be pulling the demo to review for the site (though I'm expecting nothing less than perfection). Looking forward to seeing Subversion in the near future.

Don't worry yourself. Multiwinia has the same widescreen support than Darwinia does. ;)
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Awesome! I have a widescreen monitor (mainly because I couldn't find anything else) but I have since become quite annoyed at the games companies that don't give us proper support. ;-;

Introversion doing so is a great thing and now that we know that it's Chris who hammered proper support into the games all us wide-screen users will know who to thank next release party. ^_^
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Your games do look dashed shiny on my new flatpanel, it must be said 8)
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
multimania
level2
level2

Postby multimania » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:25 am

Awesome!

It's a shame that defcon still doesn't work properly when the screen (or screens) are too wide.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 am

Screw surround gaming. :P

If I were you, I'd report it properly in the DEFCON forums. I only saw a thread wining about it, and I doubt anyone from Introversion saw it.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:33 am

RabidZombie wrote:Congratulations.

I love the Widescreen Gaming Forums (even if I don't yet have a widescreen monitor) because I know that, when I do, I know exactly were to look to get my games working as they should be.
Quite, it's a fantastic resource. Shame that I have to check on it so often, and my thanks go to IV for making it so that I never have to for their games.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion News”