Drugs and narcotics

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

What is your opinion of drugs?

I've had quite a few experiences
24%
Tried once or a few times.
26%
I'd give it a shot.
2%
Never liked it.
29%
Drugs are the spawn of SATAN. I don't even drink caffeine!
17%
I'm an addict
2%

Total votes: 42
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Drugs and narcotics

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon May 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Tell me, what are your experiences?

I've had quite a few experiences with cannabis (both resin and marijuana) myself, but I want to know the story of the Introversion community.

I remember once when I was camping on a small island with a friend and I was sitting listening to The Wall. I was staring towards the water, and the reflection of the sun in waves formed lines between them, creating a visualization of the audio frequencies.
It was beautiful.

Before starting this thread I shortly consulted with NeoThermic, and we agreed that this thread should (obviously) not exist for the purpose of buying/selling illegal substances or otherwise classed as narcotics.

[Edit] changed the names. Also, if the poll is fucked up, it's partly my fault, partly NeoThermic's. [/edit]
Last edited by ScareyedHawk on Mon May 26, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon May 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Pfffft I choose life :)
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon May 26, 2008 10:46 pm

So do I, therefore I enjoy it as much as possible.
'There are hundreds of myth's about cannabis, and probably 95% of everything you heard in school and from your parents is fake. I'm not saying most people are lying, I'm simply saying they are unaware of the truth and believe everything they hear and read.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon May 26, 2008 10:55 pm

I prefer to think about it in that way. Cannabis or not, each drug usage takes a bit of your life's length. Some as much as a week, some as much as a day. And I'm not going to exchange my life on any possible feeling ever. Anyway, you have to face a fact that in case you can't take what you need from life- be it feelings/emotions/anything else withought drugs, you've got problems :)
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon May 26, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm not saying life is boring without drugs, I'm saying it's awesome with.
I enjoy life on its own, indeed, but certain things may improve it even further.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Clearly the poll has been on drugs. Fixed.

NeoThermic
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon May 26, 2008 11:07 pm

ScareyedHawk wrote:certain things may improve it even further.

You can't even start to imagine how a couple of cutlets can 'improve' my life :lol: :wink:
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon May 26, 2008 11:08 pm

Just to make clear, I do not advocate all drugs. Some are very dangerous to both body and soul, like heroine and cocaine, but I consider the "lesser" stimulants nothing but pleasant.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon May 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Speaking about students of my group, ~15% have tried drugs in some way and I find such percentage alarming. All these smoking stuff, SP, LSD and 2-CB are among the most popular.

I do not advocate all drugs. Some are very dangerous to both body and soul, like heroine and cocaine, but I consider the "lesser" stimulants nothing but pleasant.

Oh yeah, this one is among the most popular arguments. But a narcotic is a narcotic. You can't say you're not alchoholic because you stick to beer and refrain from vodka, can you? :P
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Mon May 26, 2008 11:24 pm

Tried it once, because a friend regularly smokes it and I wanted to see what the hell the greatness is all about. Inhaled a few times, felt a bit dizzy (although that might have happened because I did it the wrong way; I don't have a clue how to smoke properly :P), and felt somewhat heavier and lighter at the same time: not really spectacular. In about 8 months I can legally buy it, but I don't really have the feeling I want to use it regularly, just as I don't drink regularly.

Still, I have no idea what the fuss is all about: in large quantities, alcohol is a drug that is a lot more dangerous.

(Oh, and I am a caffeinolist. Evidence. * notes to self that he should stop referencing that picture, he has done that three times already *)
Last edited by MaximusBrood on Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon May 26, 2008 11:26 pm

rus|Mike wrote:Oh yeah, this one is among the most popular arguments. But a narcotic is a narcotic. You can't say you're not alchoholic because you stick to beer and refrain from vodka, can you? :P

By the same token, you can't argue that someone is an alcoholic because they have one beer a week, or that they are addicted because they smoke a joint every once in a while. You seem to be under the impression that anyone who does any illegal drug must be an addict, and is somehow immoral.

Point of fact, I smoked a little pot when I was younger (long enough ago that the statute of limitations has expired), I used to drink a lot of coffee (I was/am clearly an addict, the withdrawl symptoms were awful), I smoke a pipe from time to time, and a tend to have three or four drinks a week (more in social situations). I am not addicted to any of the substances that I currently partake in from time to time, but find that both of them (the alcohol and the tobacco) are very pleasant in their context.

It should also be noted that the drugs that society bans are largely arbitrary. For instance, tobacco is incredibly addictive and dangerous. Nicotine is more addictive than THC (nicotine creates a chemical dependence, where THC, at best, creates a psychological dependence), and cigarettes have about the same cancer risks as pot. There are also studies that have shown that tobacco can impair reaction time. Considering that most pot smokers are in the range of 1-2 times per week (if that -- good numbers are hard to find), compared to tobacco, pot isn't that bad. Yet pot is generally seen as worse than tobacco.

xander
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon May 26, 2008 11:35 pm

xander wrote:By the same token, you can't argue that someone is an alcoholic because they have one beer a week

Actually I can :P Science says there are 2 main stages of addiction: psychological and physycal. "One beer a week" shows that one's on a first stage :P As well as those that can't imagine New Year, birthday, etc. without champagne.

And I'm not saying that drugs are bad and everything else is good :shock: surely alcohol/nicotic are not much better is any better.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon May 26, 2008 11:47 pm

xander wrote:It should also be noted that the drugs that society bans are largely arbitrary. For instance, tobacco is incredibly addictive and dangerous. Nicotine is more addictive than THC (nicotine creates a chemical dependence, where THC, at best, creates a psychological dependence), and cigarettes have about the same cancer risks as pot. There are also studies that have shown that tobacco can impair reaction time. Considering that most pot smokers are in the range of 1-2 times per week (if that -- good numbers are hard to find), compared to tobacco, pot isn't that bad. Yet pot is generally seen as worse than tobacco.

The fact that you argue that some illegal drugs are somehow more "healthy" than legal drugs shows that you're missing (part of) the point.

Mostly during high school I knew several people who were heavy smokers (tobacco) and several who occasionally smoked pot. Point of fact his that none of the heavy smokers, while clearly addicted, never acted odd. On the other hand, after smoking a couple of joints a friend of mine remarked that "it feels like I'm flying".

Personally I don't care much for health issues legal drugs might have, since the ones using them do so at their own choice and risk. However, due to personal beliefs, I do not approve of substances that alter the state of conscience: This means that I pretty much abhor alcohol, as well as pretty much every illegal drug, but have little trouble with tobbaco (as long as they respect other people rights to clean air) since I've never seen someone acting dysfunctional for smoking too much.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon May 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Illegal: No experience using them, but I've known a number of people who's lives have been screwed up by meth.

Legal: Never used alcohol or tobacco. Prescriptions as per doctors orders, unless it's painkillers in which case I try to use as few as possible. I really dislike the detached spacey feeling that heavy duty painkillers give me, such as vicodin and codeine, so I try to avoid them unless I really need them.

I have a Pepsi from time to time, so caffeine is definitely up there.

As for my opinion on what should and should not be legal: I feel societies have a right to decide what they want to be legal and illegal, even if that means outlawing less harmful drugs while allowing more harmful ones. If that is the society they want to build, I feel it is their right to do so, so long as they allow those who would rather join a different society that better fits their views to do so.

While I"m thinking about the matter, just three more months until I apply to the DEA!
Last edited by Feud on Mon May 26, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:51 pm

I tried 86% of types of drugs available during 2 years of 15 years up to 17 years old, not to have a pleasure or another sensation but for the purpose to try and know..

I found that drugs like other complex you have a single way "will be a slave of his pleasures and eventually as a victim"

I finally left this cruel world without return.. I live now with any worries without even thinking about smoking or drinking a drop of alcohol..

Return to “Introversion Lounge”