Mac OSX Patch 1.2 ready (At last!)

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Mac OSX Patch 1.2 ready (At last!)

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:36 am

After a long long wait, the 1.2 patch is now ready for Mac OSX users. This patch is nearly three months late in relation to the original Windows 1.2 patch, and we offer sincere apologies to all Mac users who have been patiently waiting for this update. Part of the problem was that we ran into some serious technical problems with the Mac version which needed fixing, and another part of the problem is that we delivered the finished 1.2 patch to Ambrosia almost a month ago but they've continued to test it for the past 4 weeks, rather than releasing it. This does mean the Mac 1.2 patch sorts out more bugs than the Win32 1.2 patch, but it also means its a month later than it needed to be.

Click here to download the Mac 1.2 patch.

We mentioned in a previous post we would be speaking at the Edinburgh Interactive Entertainment Festivel about our company and about Darwinia. These screenings are open to the public, and you can buy tickets here if you are interested in hearing what we have to say. We are scheduled to speak for 1 hour on Friday, August 12th at 2.00pm.

Linux Format has reviewed Darwinia and given it a stunning 9 out of 10. Scans: page1 and page2. They had this to say about our game : "Fun, friendly, original, and wholly Linux compatible. This is the most innovative release we've seen in years."

Thanks to all those who have been applying to beta test our upcoming demo. We are now expecting to begin the test phase in early August.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:20 pm

Heh... just as I had given up on Ambrosia... figures ^^;;

Too bad I'm not going to be able to go to the EIEF... to do so would cost over 700 quid from where I am... even though I need to make up for missing the release party.

Ah well. I'll just wait for the next one...
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:35 pm

I fly to America from Heathrow an hour after you start speaking in Edinburgh =(

No go for me then =(
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.

Return to “Introversion News”