Help us get a review of Darwinia in your favourite games mag

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Help us get a review of Darwinia in your favourite games mag

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:19 am

The Introversion team is once again asking for your help. We want to make sure Darwinia has a review in as many magazines and websites as possible.

We’ve done some digging around, but we need you to help us build up a list of all your favourite games magazine, both in and especially outside of the UK. Please go to: http://www.introversion.co.uk/foreignmags/ and spend 30 seconds filling in the details about your favourite games magazines. If you can’t provide all the information, don’t worry – just give us what you know, so we can get started.

The top two submitters of the highest number of legitimate magazines / websites by the 15th December, will each get a free Darwinia poster (in time for Christmas), and copy of the game when it’s released.

[EDIT] - Quick update - We've had over 150 submissions! Thank you to everyone who's helped. Currently, the top three posters are Andon Bailey (17), Krzyszkof kawalczjk (16) and Jared Nyman (15) - one day to go, so good luck!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mad_Big_Sausage
level2
level2

Re: Help us get a review of Darwinia in your favourite games

Postby Mad_Big_Sausage » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:28 pm

tom wrote:The top two submitters of the highest number of legitimate magazines / websites by the 15th December, will each get a free Darwinia poster (in time for Christmas), and copy of the game when it’s released.

Now there's something worth typing for!
If you see Kaye, why owe you?
Sobek
level3
level3

Postby Sobek » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:45 pm

The simple promotion of this wonderful game is enough to type for... but the poster and game are great motivators as well. :mrgreen:
Humans are stupid... Evolve.
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:52 pm

Oooh yes.
*me adds some info from German gaming mags*

Edit:

A list of the ones you already have 'd be great :D
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Update

Postby Tom » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:36 pm

Thank you very much to everyone who's submitted some mags already. We've had about 80 submissions over the last couple of days. I'm planning to put together a list in the next couple of days.

I'll also keep you posted as to who's leading the submission competition!

I'm sure there must be more than 80 gaming mags worldwide! For examples, we've no submissions from France yet, only a few from Spain, and nothing from many northern European countries.

Any more ideas - don't be shy!

:-) Tom.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:25 pm

Can we keep submitting them? I got a list of mags, but haven't entered them yet =/
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
piratebob
level2
level2

Postby piratebob » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:36 pm

Yes. Do it now! Do iit. Nike says "Just do it"
chimera
level2
level2

Postby chimera » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:59 pm

The only thing I have to say: BELGIUM! BELGIUM!! BELGIUM!!! I hope no one else submitted a mag from Belgium...
PepsiMax181
level0

Postby PepsiMax181 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:14 pm

Cool, now I can actually apply my AS-Level knowledge of French to help a company get some reviews.

I'm sure the French will love this game, too, as they're very retro style over there.
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:42 pm

Quick update - We've had over 150 submissions! Thank you to everyone who's helped.

Currently, the top three posters are Andon Bailey (17), Krzyszkof kawalczjk (16) and Jared Nyman (15) - one day to go, so good luck!
Major-Geek
level2
level2

Postby Major-Geek » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:08 pm

already submitted 4 magazines, so i hope it will help a bit, it are all the large mags in the Netherlands, 4 is maybe not much but al the little bits help :D

-MG 8)
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Darwinia Magazine submission winners :-)

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:58 pm

Ok,

firstly, sorry for not sorting this out sooner. We're running around like headless chickens at the moment, trying to get everything sorted.

At the close date, Andon Bailey (17), Krzyszkof kawalczjk (16) were still the top two posters! Well done guys, you've won yourselves a poster each, and I'll email you both for your address. Plus, not forgetting that you'll both get a copy of the game when it's released! :-)

Enjoy and many thanks to everyone who supported us in this. Current plan is as follows:

* Released in UK shops and physical units shipped from March 4th.
* Online download system should be running by end of April.
* Major language packs should be available starting from March (probably German, French, Spanish and Italian first)
* Submitted magazines are going to be targeted by the end of April also.
* Online marketing starts in May.

Meanwhile..... We're working on some the physical distribution networks, so with any luck you should also be able to see Darwinia in your local games' shops. That in turn should feed into some ads in the mags you all submitted!

Phew... We're going to need a holiday after all that! ;-)
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:09 pm

Aw, i didnt get a poster. Oh well, at least we get Darwinia!
piratebob
level2
level2

Postby piratebob » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:21 pm

Holy crap-a moley didn't think I had a chance in Hell. Way to go me. Hopefully hotmail won't eat the email.

I'm sure it's been said before but thank you to all the beta testers I look forward to seeing the results of all of your hard work.

Return to “Introversion News”