Previews in Edge and PC Gamer

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Previews in Edge and PC Gamer

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:19 pm

It's been a great week for Introversion, with previews of Darwinia showing up in Edge magazine and PC Gamer within days of each other.

PC Gamer (UK) have a two page preview written over a single massive screenshot, and it looks absolutely fantastic. All in the November issue - the one with the Half Life 2 review on the cover. This preview has come from the Future Publishing Day back in late August, when we met the guys from PC Gamer and showed them the game, including Tim Edwards who wrote the preview. His closing summary reads "Astonishing. It's an aesthetic masterpiece, and damnably playable. We're very excited." Hopefully this should be a really big selling issue, with Half Life 2 AND Rome Total War both featured in the same mag.

We also met Margaret Robertson on that day - she's the Games Editor for Edge magazine, and we ended up scheduling an interview with her after the EGN trade show (Introversion was there, exhibiting Darwinia to increasingly bored looking shop owners). This interview and the preview code we gave them has resulted in the six page (!!!) preview in Edge magazine in the November issue (the one with Ico 2 on the front). We're absolutely thrilled about this, and we heartely recommend you go out and buy this issue immediately. It has screenshots of things even the beta testers haven't seen yet, as well as some pictures of the game back when it was called Future War and was multiplayer only. It even has pictures of the Introversion team.

Hopefully we will have scans of these articles soon, so you can read them if you're not able to buy copies of the mags directly.
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:48 pm

PC Gamer Scans:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... .php?t=482

3 pages of the Edge article:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... .php?t=481

I also packed them into a .zip for all you 56k people:
http://web3.ewsg.net/darwinia/index.php

Chris, 'ya gettin' slow! :D *grins*
Xeno
level0

Postby Xeno » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm

Ive been looking everywhere for the PCGamer since it came out on friday, originally cause of the HL2 review, and i cant find it anywhere! At least ive got the Darwinia stuff to read. Cheers Starfyre
film11
level3
level3

Postby film11 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:02 pm

Wow! Great news! To be featured in the same edition as HL2 and R:TW is really good. As is a 6 page preview! You guys are doing great despite the financial restraints and thats really good. Keep up the excellent work!

PS: thanks Starfyre for scanning/hosting images.
aaaaaaaaaahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ahahahaaah ahhhh aaaah.
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:43 pm

Scans are not mine. They're Coolsis and Darksuns. ;)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:50 pm

Picked up Edge today, and the whole article is fantastic. Some of those screenshots are just awesome, especially the map of Darwinia with all the spirits floating up.
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:48 am

Are the last page(s) ever gonna get scanned?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:37 pm

*Runs around waving his copies of both PCGamer and Edge over his head.*

Ahem anyway, both great reviews, and the interview in Edge is funny as hell. Great place to hold it, same place I would.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:42 am

It would be much appreciated if the last page(s) could be scanned for those of us without access to Edge. :)
vibroaxe
level2
level2

Yeah

Postby vibroaxe » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:04 pm

Way to go IV,
only read first 3 pages of the edge review, but it sound really good.

Anyways, get the demo out soon chris for all us unlucky wouldbe-beta testers!

/me goes to poke coolsi with a scan right now stick
you can lick my face and sleep on my head, but touch my food and consider yourself .... DEAD
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:05 pm

too bad the US Pc Gamer didnt do any article on darwinia... they were fully devoted to hl2. lets hope people will see darwinia tho. as long as they see it, theyll want to play it. and if they want to play it....
chrisvarns
level1
level1

Postby chrisvarns » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:18 pm

Just looking at the amount of people signed up to this forum, there's gonna be a lot of immediate and continued cashflow as a result of Darwinia. Also, what about the shitload of people who aren't on this forum?

Word of mouth will work better than anything if you ask me :lol: just have to wait till it's released.
Renegatus
level1
level1

Postby Renegatus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:56 pm

Edge adour you guys, you can tell. It's the type of people they are. I might try and find the Edge with the Uplink review in.
MrDictionary
level2
level2

Postby MrDictionary » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:59 am

If I recall correctly, didn't Edge remove the OutThere section with all the esoteric weird stuff, like HyperCalm, in the most recent relayout?
That's no good!
Unofficial official Introversion Devil's Advocate.

Return to “Introversion News”