The Uplink Dev CD is now finished

The forum with all your Introversion News!
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

The Uplink Dev CD is now finished

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:00 am

The Uplink Dev CD is now finished (after some last minute fiddling with the license) and will be available to buy from next Wednesday (9th July) onwards. We aren't quite ready to take orders yet because we're still waiting for the CDs to be produced, but you've waited this long so you can wait a little bit longer ;) The final cost of the Dev CD will be £30 ($45), which includes delivery. As usual it will take between 2 and 7 days to get the CD to you, and we're hand producing them so you should expect a gold disk and bubble-jet printed label. Major deja-vu.

Coolsi has created the first total conversion of Uplink, called simply "Uplink:The Mod". You can get it here.

I have a few other updates that I intended to put up today, but I just don't have the time right now. Next update.

And yeah, Glastonbury was great. I'm going there every year for the rest of my life. I normally frown on people who use their sites as a soapbox to promote unrelated things (it's totally indulgent, and most readers aren't interested), but in this case I have to make an exception. We saw a band at Glastonbury called "The Boxer Rebellion", and I can't remember being quite so impressed by anyone for a long time - these guys really are incredible. They're unsigned and don't even have an EP or single out yet. One web magazine even went as far as to call them "The best unsigned band in Britain". You have to check them out.

Return to “Introversion News”