The players in question of course would have to make it known whether or not they could play during the proposed time (which would have to be settled first I think).
So what do you think?
This is how I propose it goes...
If there's enough of a response, i.e. enough players come forth and state they would participate then...
- A game with predetermined settings should be agreed upon, i.e. x population, diplo/survivor/genocide, x number of cities, etc.
- Other members could place a vote (only one, and for only one player) for whom they believe should be in the game. Those interested could not vote for themselves.
- The six players with the most votes after some predetermined voting period would be in the game with a couple of "backups" in case someone can't make it/doesn't show. Some way to keep track of who has come forth and who has been nominated would need to be formed. Perhaps someone with their own site could be designated with that task?
- Out of the six it would be determined who has the best server, or someone could volunteer to host (as a spectator) if they have a connection that could handle spectators.
- The winner could receive some sort of pseudo prize like "Official Defcon All-Star". Or perhaps, an All-Star thread could be established and those that participate could be recognized there if this idea is transformed into a repeating event.
The intention being that the Defcon community (at least a portion of it) picks who it believes should play, thus making the players and the eventual winner more of an authentic All-Star. (not self proclaimed) It could be promoted before games easily. I know that I personally have successfully directed several players to Defconmatch.com and here in just that way.