Mods and the like...

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Vorlin
level1
level1

Mods and the like...

Postby Vorlin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:31 pm

Hey all! A bit about myself first. I'm in the US (Florida) and have been involved with Introversion games since Uplink was originally available only via buying it overseas.
I've played and beat both parts of Uplink, played and beat Darwinia, and immediately bought Defcon about 1 minute after I saw it was an Introversion game. Now, since
I'm a programmer at heart, I've done several mods for different games the past few years, the most notable being HonorTab for World of Warcraft.

Now, if there's a developer CD available for purchase, I'd love to start making mods for Defcon. What would you guys look to see?
While I'm very good at actually doing a mod, I suck at coming up with ideas. :D
--Vorlin

Breaking my server to save yours...
Al3xand3r
level1
level1

Postby Al3xand3r » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:37 pm

Missile Command mod. The game remains similar to now but over-simplified and made all-action with you having to shoot down the nukes coming your way by yourself. Perhaps even aiming your own nukes worms-style. Just for the hell of it.

Galactic Combat mod.
Chris wrote:Another great idea we've had at IV for a total conversion would be to make Defcon into a space battle game. So cities become planets, Battleships become massive space ships, subs become cloaked vessels, airbases become space stations etc. How cool would that be?
(yes, I know a couple of people started one, but [a] it doesn't mean it will be good - no offence - and [b] it doesn't mean others can't try making something different with the same theme. I would also like it to be more than just a visual mod as it seems to me those guys are making - if I'm wrong, sorry).

Riskue mod (Risk). You don't simply have to destroy your enemy, you have to conquer him. Killing him off helps you but will also have downsides as you have less population left to conquer. I haven't thought what kind of units you could create that would enable the actual conquering but I imagine some simple land unit is in order alongside prequisites such as having destroyed all the nearby enemy installations.

Oh yes, I would also like to see a mini mod that deals with war between certain countries, not whole continents as it is now. A sort of scenario mode, which would be 1 on 1 with many more units available for each. It would basically zoom way in the map or something and show more detailed country borders etc. Probably would be something to get started with as it's probably simple to do.

Will return later with more :)
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:03 pm

You mean like

?
Al3xand3r
level1
level1

Postby Al3xand3r » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:19 pm

No, I don't mean Missile Command with DEFCON graphics, I mean DEFCON with Missile Command gameplay elements.
Mod HQ - http://www.mod-hq.com/
All you need for HL2 & Steam news
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:40 am

I am yet again reminded that I should start working on "Defcon ca. 1980", based on that wallpaper :roll:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:45 am

Kuth wrote:You mean like

<-SNIP->

?

I believe NeoThermic is in the alpha stages of creating that. :)
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:47 am

I've created a forum monster :D
toothpik
level0

Postby toothpik » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:38 pm

10/10 for the pic :lol:

Return to “General”