Your favourite movie "Nuclear Military Quotes"

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

KuBi4K
level1
level1

Your favourite movie "Nuclear Military Quotes"

Postby KuBi4K » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:57 pm

It would be well for your government to consider that having your ships and ours, your aircraft and ours, in such proximity... is inherently DANGEROUS. Wars have begun that way, Mr. Ambassador....

Richard Jordan as Jeffrey Pelt in The Hunt For The Red October

When I was twelve, I helped my daddy build a bomb shelter in our basement because some fool parked a dozen warheads 90 miles off the coast of Florida. Well, this thing could park a coupla hundred warheads off Washington and New York and no one would know anything about it till it was all over.

Jeffrey Jones as Skip Tyler in The Hunt For The Red October

Goes well with Defcon 5 :p
It would be well for your government to consider that having your ships and ours, your aircraft and ours, in such proximity... is inherently DANGEROUS. Wars have begun that way, Mr. Ambassador....
PhantomTa2
level2
level2

Postby PhantomTa2 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:01 pm

Not strictly nuclear I know, but I think the quote went like:
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning...smells like victory" - Apocalypse Now (I think, I watch alot of movies so I could be wrong)
Necromagus
level0

Postby Necromagus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:03 am

"Deterrence is the art of producing, in the mind of the enemy, the fear to attack!"

If you have to ask, you don't love the bomb enough ;)
“See the earth below/Soon to make a crater/Blue sky, black death, I'm off to meet my maker”
--Megadeth - High Speed Dirt
Crusader Scott
level2
level2

Postby Crusader Scott » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:20 am

Wargames

David Lightman: "Is this a game, or is it real?"
WOPR: "What's the difference?"

:D
Lionel Mandrake
level2
level2

Postby Lionel Mandrake » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:27 am

Oh, I daresay these will do...

You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!

Mr. President, we cannot allow a mineshaft gap!

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!

Extra tea-sugar for everyone who gives me the speaker and the scene, gentlemen!
KuBi4K
level1
level1

Postby KuBi4K » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:38 am

The president, the general Buck, and another general (don't remember the name) in Dr Strangelove

EDIT: bit I'd prefer a nice "café expresso", s'il vous plait :p
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:50 am

Hell, i'd piss on a spark plug if I thought i'd do any good
Necromagus
level0

Postby Necromagus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 am

Lionel Mandrake wrote:
You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!
The president to general Turgidson and the Russian ambassador moments after their struggle -caused by the general trying to plant a microcamera on the ambassador- is broken up.

Mr. President, we cannot allow a mineshaft gap!
General Turgidson to the president after Dr. Strangelove suggests that a 'small nucleus of human survivors' could hide from the radiation in deep mineshafts.

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!
General Ripper, after captain Mandrake confronts him about the unauthorized lockdown and attack orders.
I'd rather you mix me up a drink of grain alcohol and rainwater ;)
“See the earth below/Soon to make a crater/Blue sky, black death, I'm off to meet my maker”

--Megadeth - High Speed Dirt
Scottish Ninja
level0

Postby Scottish Ninja » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:20 am

The most famous of all, though more for the imagery than the words - "Yee-haw!"
Scottish Ninja
level0

Postby Scottish Ninja » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:20 am

The most famous of all, though more for the imagery than the words - "Yee-haw!"

I watched that movie with some friends to celebrate the launch of DEFCON.
MarkyX
level1
level1

Postby MarkyX » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:51 am

"Shall we play a game?"
deacon211
level0

Postby deacon211 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:54 am

Major T. J. "King" Kong: "Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

Major T. J. "King" Kong: "Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies.

General "Buck" Turgidson: "Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: "Colonel! Can you possibly imagine what is going to happen to you, your frame, outlook, way of life, and everything, when they learn that you have obstructed a telephone call to the President of the United States? Can you imagine? Shoot it off! Shoot! With a gun! That's what the bullets are for, you twit!"

General "Buck" Turgidson: "If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!"

General "Buck" Turgidson: "Sir, you can't let him in here. He'll see everything. He'll see the big board!"

Sorry there are so many, but I pretty much laugh from beginning to end at this movie.

Deacon
LordOliver
level0

Postby LordOliver » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:04 am

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Major T. J. "King" Kong

General Beringer: Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.

McKittrick: I don't have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of s**t.

General Beringer: Oh, I was hoping for something a little better than that from you, sir. A man of your education.

Wargames
Flashfire
level1
level1

Postby Flashfire » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:15 am

"THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE!" -Corporal Hicks 'Aliens'

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure."
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:34 am

Code: Select all