Steam Deal on Prison Architect

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Is the recent Steam Deal of PA before the actual release madness?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Yes
14%
Maybe Yes
14%
Maybe
7%
Maybe No
14%
No
50%

Total votes: 14
UsF
level1
level1

Steam Deal on Prison Architect

Postby UsF » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 pm

What do you people think about the deal offer of PA on Steam? I am somehow against it, since it is early access and people that supported the game way before might feel a bit miffed that now people can jump onto the bandwaggon before release at a cheaper rate. It is good to get exposure and more people into the game, but I wonder if I am alone feeling like that this could be a bit annoying to already existing PA owners. Putting a title on offer before it is even out seems like total madness to me.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm not bothered myself. I'm sure some people will be raging about it. Especially ones that may have only bought it.

Then again, I've already seen a couple of folk on the steam discussion pages that still say it isn't worth it..lol!

Some people are such idiots/self entitled/no idea what value of money is/tight as fuck/tramps.

Strike through for preferred answer ;)
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Does not bother me, the thing is today everyone wants something for nothing (me incuded).

The game is great and doing promotions helps bring in not just money but new players and modders.
Would i be pissed if i paid a higher price the week before or a lot sooner than before? Sure, im always pissed when i lose money just like everyone else, is there anything i can do about it? No, i'll just get a good deal another day on another item and always do because i shop around and wait for good deals.

The thing that annoys me most is when companies mess me about, if i email about a problem and they dont respond in a decent time, or i lose out ona deal due to a fault by them or another company (this nearly happened with paypal being gay).
veio
level1
level1

Postby veio » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Meh it wasn't exactly expensive when I got it. If it gives the dev's more money to play with then that is all good by me.

Return to “General”