Share your style

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Hmuda
level3
level3

Share your style

Postby Hmuda » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Well, since the forum is still bugy since launch and the Search button takes me to IV-index, I cannot verify if there is any topic related to this.

I'm sure most of you noticed the StyleEditor in the Tools menu. Wonderful tool indeed as it allows you to change to general look of the game by altering the game's colors. You can upload the created TXT-s and share them here. Some tips:

1: If you decide to create a new theme, ALWAYS check that you doesn't overwrite the default.txt or at least make a backup of it. That is something that you can always go back to if you manage to screw up real bad.
2: If you saved your Style TXT, you can find it in the ...\Defcon\data\styles directory as balhblah.txt that contains all the color codes that you altered.
3: Just upload that file somewhere and you can link it here, using the [ URL ] tags.
4: I haven't tested it, but I'm assuming that to install other people's Style TXTs, just copy them into the correct directory. When you're in the game, just open the Style Editor and load the new file.

Here is my first attempt:

http://hmuda.uw.hu/hmuda.txt -> Save As...

Nothing spectacular, made tiny changes to the coloring of the menus, and made sure that when your population start to die off, the whole map will slowly turn red (I think it looks cool). Some pics:

http://www.sg.hu/galeria/9867529631159640791.jpg
http://www.sg.hu/galeria/9867529631159640796.jpg
http://www.sg.hu/galeria/9867529631159640801.jpg
Amstrad
level0

Postby Amstrad » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:05 pm

The color change as your population dies is pretty cool.
I dabbled a bit with the editor but havn't really made anything I'd want to play with for an extended period of time.
Katanaa
level1
level1

Postby Katanaa » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:06 pm

http://linje12.net/katana/grohn (ya i know, it doesnt have .txt or something, but it'll work fine anyway ;P)

Looks almost like the default green theme, but think this one looks better for some reason :)

Why dont download my matching wallpaper too ;P

http://linje12.net/katana/dcwp/dcwp_green.jpg
manni
level1
level1

Postby manni » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:41 pm

How do you make the color change when people die? Did I miss something? I would like to improve my theme with that and post it afterwards.
Hmuda
level3
level3

Postby Hmuda » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:53 pm

manni wrote:How do you make the color change when people die? Did I miss something? I would like to improve my theme with that and post it afterwards.
You must have noticed that you can set two colors for every option. Just set different colors into the two slots on Coastline/Border/Water/etc. The first one is for the time when everyone is alive, while the second is for the End-Of-The-World (at least on your part).

It would have been better if it would change as the world popualtion starts dieing, but I guess we will have to settle with our own losses for now.
Hegemon Hog
level2
level2

Postby Hegemon Hog » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:11 pm

Gaaah! Does anyone have the original default.txt? I accidentally saved over mine because I'm dumb.

When I'm done customizing my interface, I'll post screenies.

EDIT:

What a nice pleasant little planet we live harmoniously on. I have no enemies.

Look at the pretty lights. What's that sound? OH GOD NO!

IT BURNS LIKE THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS OH GOD WHY

The End

The style .txt file is here (right click, save as to your styles folder):
http://students.washington.edu/kryto9/files/NuclearDescent.txt
Last edited by Hegemon Hog on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Hegemon Hog wrote:Gaaah! Does anyone have the original default.txt? I accidentally saved over mine because I'm dumb.
Just rename main.dat to main.rar, and unpack somewhere else than "data/". Then take the default.txt from there. :)
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Hegemon Hog wrote:Gaaah! Does anyone have the original default.txt? I accidentally saved over mine because I'm dumb.
Just rename main.dat to main.rar, and unpack somewhere else than "data/". Then take the default.txt from there. :)
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:29 pm

SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:02 am

zanzer7 wrote:

Triple post :shock:

Or you could just delete / rename your default.txt
SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:03 am

zanzer7 wrote:

SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:03 am

zanzer7 wrote:

SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:05 am

zanzer7 wrote:

th3rogue
level1
level1

Postby th3rogue » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:10 am

Interesting, triple post commented on by a quadruple post :]
Hegemon Hog
level2
level2

Postby Hegemon Hog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:55 am

Well thanks for the info guys, even if it did take 7 posts to do the work of 2. BTW, I added screenshots to my previous post.

Return to “General”