Feel free to post your requests, and depending on how much time or how useful it may be, may or may not get added to this list.
- Team Ally/Enemy system - includes color setting, up to 8 teams (if possible, don't get too excited), and viral coloring
- Sprite changing - Darwinians will be able to change their sprites based upon if threatened, scared, angered, idle, objectivated, praying, goddishing, or following an officer's orders. Also, each team will have their own unique sprite sets which you can modify by name types (i.e. team 0 will have darwinian0-idle, darwinian0-objective, etc)
- Avatars - Basically the same thing Icepick was working on. I'm going to be as flexible as possible with it though so you can determine for yourself what range of pics with the same name base you want to display during a cutscene and the likes. A code snippet for how it's planned for functioning is below.
- 3dconnexion spacenavigator support - Well, to be fair, I love to use it in Multiwinia. I have no more reasons to complain to the IV staff of it not being in Darwinia since the source code for that, and the SDK for the integrated mouse is already inside of Multiwinia. I don't think it'd be too hard to implement... but that's just me talking out of my ass.
- Cheat window activation. Yes, there were a few debugging tools which Introversion purposely hid from us, but what's to stop us from bringing it out, eh? Besides, it's one hell of a useful tool for testing out maps and certain situations.
The planned ChangeAvatar function:
Code: Select all
ChangeAvatar "nameofavatars_01.bmp", "nameofavatars_08.bmp", IsRandom(1/0), picTimer(int), zoomFactor(int), offsetX(int), frameTime(int)
-StartBitmapRange: Name of the file you want to serve as the "first", or "minimum" boundary.
-EndBitmapRange: Name of the file that will serve as the "last", or "maximum" pic number to go to.
-IsRandom: Specify if you want to play through the sequence via random picking, or via numerical order from lowest to highest. Default is 1.
-picTimer: How long each pic in the sequence will stay on the screen before switching. Default is 4.0f.
-zoomFactor: How much to zoom in and out. Default is 0.
-offsetX: How much to shift the picture right or left. Default is 0.
-frameTime: How long it takes each pic to "fade" to the next. 0 means instant switching. Default is 0.25f.
This is going to take a while, but hey... It'll be worth it. Right now I'm working on teams and making custom coloring abilities.
If you guys feel like you want to help out and know anything about C++, or have a developer status, let me know. I'll share my contact info with you.
Other smaller tweaks and fixes that are/will be added:
- Double the radius of the GOTO officer command
- All Research items (except for Darwinians, Officers, and Lasers) now scale with each version level accordingly, i.e. engineers gain 10 to maximum spirit capacity per level, rockets gain(1.5f/4) seconds of lifetime, grenades fly further, etc.). Those that aren't scaleable have their program defaults set to level 4 if above the regular cap instead of 0.
- Darwinians now have lasers at level 2, grenades at level 3, and rockets at level 4. They can alternate however they like, and will mostly use rockets for airborne enemies (spore generators).
- Create a new building called the AINoZone. This acts as a "fear" zone which any/all darwinians will treat with the same threat as a grenade, unless inactive. Also will force other entities to move out of the region if possible. Comes with a "silent" and "team" options. Silent acts as if an invisible officer is standing at the location, and orders them to the nearest spot outside the radius of the zone. Disrupts officer orders as well for those who get "feared".
- Other tweaks that I will mention at some point or another.