[1v1 Ladder S3] Challenges

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
Mrmot
level4
level4
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby Mrmot » Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 am

Game paused Mogwai. How much to rejoin?
User avatar
Mogwai
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Norrland

Postby Mogwai » Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 am

dropped again 11 minutes.
User avatar
Mrmot
level4
level4
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby Mrmot » Sat May 02, 2009 1:52 am

Mogwai wrote:dropped again 11 minutes.


I can not wait anymore, have to go.
Points are mine but victory is your, so i recognize defeat. Here is screenshoot so you can post. For me game is valid, Mogwai took points so I hope Ace will recognize it.
GG. Congratulations.

Image
User avatar
Mogwai
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Norrland

Postby Mogwai » Sat May 02, 2009 1:58 am

I dropped with all subs in launch one salvo fired, cpu canceld and Mrmot coulnt wait anymore and speed up the game. So.. yeah. Well thanks for the win and your patience.

But i think we might aswell void it. (: However i leave that decision to Ace.

Cheers
User avatar
Mrmot
level4
level4
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby Mrmot » Sat May 02, 2009 9:31 am

Mogwai wrote:I dropped with all subs in launch one salvo fired, cpu canceld and Mrmot coulnt wait anymore and speed up the game. So.. yeah. Well thanks for the win and your patience.

But i think we might aswell void it. (: However i leave that decision to Ace.

Cheers


True, so there is no need to void game. Mogwai dropped in the middle of launch and tried to rejoin but i really had not time to wait. It was clear, deserved and honest victory so Ace should recognize it. Anyway, recording is there so it can be verified. Congratulations again.
User avatar
sfericz
level5
level5
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:25 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby sfericz » Sat May 02, 2009 10:00 am

Mrmot wrote:recording is there so it can be verified.


Here is the recording for that game.

Each new recording will be placed at the top of the Season three ladder list here. Which can be accessed by browsing the recording sections at http://www.sfcon2v2.com for now.

Maybe soon I will have it where the recordings are named as the game number (along with small website dedicated to the Ladder), but there are a few things that need to be ironed out first.
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon May 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Mrmot wrote:
Mogwai wrote:I dropped with all subs in launch one salvo fired, cpu canceld and Mrmot coulnt wait anymore and speed up the game. So.. yeah. Well thanks for the win and your patience.

But i think we might aswell void it. (: However i leave that decision to Ace.

Cheers


True, so there is no need to void game. Mogwai dropped in the middle of launch and tried to rejoin but i really had not time to wait. It was clear, deserved and honest victory so Ace should recognize it. Anyway, recording is there so it can be verified. Congratulations again.

There is a problem with the above:

The rules say the remaining player gets to decide whether or not the game continues when the opponent drops after Defcon 3, not who wins the game. So, Mrmot, either you won or the game is void, your decision. Mogwai can not take a win for that game. Honestly, how in the world would I log it that way?

Let me know Mrmot so I can get the numbers straight. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
Mogwai
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Norrland

Postby Mogwai » Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 pm

1 - 0?
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 pm

It's not that simple, there's the other stats to consider (score, ratings, etc). Plus, it doesn't make any sense to give an absent player a win. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
Eral
level4
level4
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 pm
Location: east of Eyjafjallajokull

Postby Eral » Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Could i have a free disconnection joker? please....
User avatar
Mogwai
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Norrland

Postby Mogwai » Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:It's not that simple, there's the other stats to consider (score, ratings, etc). Plus, it doesn't make any sense to give an absent player a win. :wink:


absent? i crashed to desktop. what ever.
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon May 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Mogwai wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:It's not that simple, there's the other stats to consider (score, ratings, etc). Plus, it doesn't make any sense to give an absent player a win. :wink:


absent? i crashed to desktop. what ever.

Hehe, absent = you weren't in the game. I'm sorry if you crashed to the desktop, but personal technical problems shouldn't hurt the other player. As I said, he can void the game if he likes, but he can't say you win unless the game says you win. That's pretty simple and eliminates a lot of problems such as players saying "I could have won if you just kept it on pause!!!! grrr!!!! I demand points/rematch/etc!!!"

You both handled that game with great sportsmanship, but as you've noticed that's the exception around here in ladders/tourney's. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
ynbniar
level5
level5
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Home again...

Postby ynbniar » Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 pm

I'll be in the Ace's 1v1 server for a wee while if anyone is looking for some easy points :wink:
User avatar
rus|Mike
level5
level5
Posts: 2750
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Russia, St. Petersburg

Postby rus|Mike » Wed May 06, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm online :!:

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests