Why?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Why?
level5
level5

Why?

Postby Why? » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:22 am

Because that's the question you should be asking yourself, and examining at great length. Many war strategies also apply to other facets of life. Especially with regard to love, business, and other relationships. Two books I highly recommend are 'Strategy'(or, really, anything) by B.H. Liddell Hart, and 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

Hart examines every major battle throughout history and it's clear that direct approaches are absolutely doomed. Destined for failure. They only work when a much greater force, or better technology, is applied. Indirect approach is always the best way to go, when dealing with similarly matched forces. Not just in the strategy for one unit, but in tactics for all, and in the grand strategy.

Why is 'Why?' such a mouthy, cocky, insolent guy?

Because most young men, nowadays, are a bunch of momma's boys. Especially the ones on the internet... and they're even worse b/c the TV is their momma. A bunch of walking, talking, vaginas. Their dads act like moms, and their moms act like dads. Little dudes are getting confused, and every once n a while I gotta lay it down real thick for them.

There's too much positive reinforcement in the western world. People gotta get their egos chopped off and handed to them, every once in a while. I'm no exception.

* There's also stupid. There's no fixing stupid, but I like to rattle the moron's cage now and again.

(Talking smack to your opponent is a very valid tactic... make with it what you want...)

wait... wat?
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:46 am

Who doesn't enjoy a good moron cage rattling? :twisted:
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 am

The art of war was a really good read!
<has read it 6 times !
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 am

nuclear cocaine wrote:The art of war was a really good read!
<has read it 6 times !

Why don't you win more then?

*bong*
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:43 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 am

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Yerr ok. Has anyone seen the classic allstars replay from 2007? Well now you can watch it in HD at you know where (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JlKdLmx4U) :lol:
This time the chat box is left on for all you voyeurs out there.

Haha, we wondered who it was watching that yesterday :lol: .
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Without trails it just doesnt look good, a bit like watching ants.
And wtf do all these 6 fleets in a Allstars game, lol.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:17 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Yerr ok. Has anyone seen the classic allstars replay from 2007? Well now you can watch it in HD at you know where (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JlKdLmx4U) :lol:
This time the chat box is left on for all you voyeurs out there.
What software did you use to do that?
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: Why?

Postby Vicious » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Why? wrote:Because that's the question you should be asking yourself, and examining at great length. Many war strategies also apply to other facets of life. Especially with regard to love, business, and other relationships. Two books I highly recommend are 'Strategy'(or, really, anything) by B.H. Liddell Hart, and 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

Hart examines every major battle throughout history and it's clear that direct approaches are absolutely doomed. Destined for failure. They only work when a much greater force, or better technology, is applied. Indirect approach is always the best way to go, when dealing with similarly matched forces. Not just in the strategy for one unit, but in tactics for all, and in the grand strategy.

Because most young men, nowadays, are a bunch of momma's boys. Especially the ones on the internet... and they're even worse b/c the TV is their momma. A bunch of walking, talking, vaginas. Their dads act like moms, and their moms act like dads. Little dudes are getting confused, and every once n a while I gotta lay it down real thick for them.

There's too much positive reinforcement in the western world. People gotta get their egos chopped off and handed to them, every once in a while. I'm no exception.

* There's also stupid. There's no fixing stupid, but I like to rattle the moron's cage now and again.

(Talking smack to your opponent is a very valid tactic... make with it what you want...)

wait... wat?

A bunch of walking talking vaginas , very well put :lol:
world idiot
level4
level4

Re: Why?

Postby world idiot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Why? wrote:Because that's the question you should be asking yourself, and examining at great length. Many war strategies also apply to other facets of life. Especially with regard to love, business, and other relationships. Two books I highly recommend are 'Strategy'(or, really, anything) by B.H. Liddell Hart, and 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu.

wait... wat?

ur description of a "momma's boy" also fits the other hated being of england, the chav.
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 pm

It's cool "gay" music :lol: But really, !STONER! should be a TI member. If you disagree, we can play his head on the ladder my favorite little mouthy cocky insolent why? And if you ask me why, i answer: "because". ;)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Has he applied? I might have missed it.

He was here for Season 1, but played only one game.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Mrmot wrote:We have spoken with guy called STONER today and he would like to join. Said him to come here and sign in.

Not directly...
odstjj75
level1
level1

Postby odstjj75 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:14 pm

"why?" this is beautiful. great job, this has touched me in many ways.
id like to see a " walking talking vagina"
its true everybody talks all this b.s on the internet specially on xbox live. haha
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

6wins. 4 losses :[
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

XBL is in another level, their are so many little kids on XBL talking shit its not even funny

Return to “General”