2008 Beijing Olympics - welcome

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

wu.j China
level2
level2

2008 Beijing Olympics - welcome

Postby wu.j China » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:24 pm

The Olympic Games will open shortly,unlimited China welcome every foreign friend sincerely. Believe you will know a really China through Olympic Games, a open Chinese , a civilized Chinese.
Last edited by wu.j China on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:36 pm

All of those images seem to be the same. They are probably "don't leech" or "don't hotlink" images, but I don't read Chinese, so I can't really say.

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:36 pm

This should probably be in the IV Lounge, rather than the Defcon General Forum. But, meh.
Cnl_Death
level2
level2

Postby Cnl_Death » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:07 am

he he..... communist picture 8)
War Is Hell But Peace Is Boring
wu.j China
level2
level2

Postby wu.j China » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 am

It is your freedom how to think about this question, I have no right to interfere.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 pm

wu.j China wrote:It is your freedom how to think about this question, I have no right to interfere.

I realize that English isn't your primary language, so as a helpful gesture I'd like to point out that you did not ask a question, and that your images aren't working (at least here).
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:31 pm

I think he was mentioning Cnl_Death's reaction to his avatar.

wu.j, it should be interesting to see how China is during the Olympics. The organizing committee seem to have been doing a lot to see that everything goes well in every way.

Actually, I'll be going there, but later, to the World Mind Sport Games. I'm curious as to how it will go. :)
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Stop taking avatars and language as an excuse to blame Newcomers, Wu.j China proud by his country and he like to show it..
If that make you a problem do the same..

No one has blamed Hank Scorpio when he posting G*y picture because he was famous or you like to show your power just on the Newcomers ?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:17 pm

(MOR) wrote:No one has blamed Hank Scorpio when he posting G*y picture because he was famous or you like to show your power just on the Newcomers ?

Actually, several of us took objection to that, too.

xander
wu.j China
level2
level2

Postby wu.j China » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:44 am

Thanks (MOR).
友朋自远方来,不亦悦乎
I can understand someone's psychology. I never mind of that.
No matter they love the olympic games or hate it .We will all go to treat Olympics in a kind of high-level sense of duty.
This is not for they, it's for the people who love Olympics.
mallebrok
level1
level1

Postby mallebrok » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Xander,

I remember you taking offence to a gay joke i made too.
I have out-of-the-closet gay freinds and i never hold back from calling them just that. They dont seem to mind and actually we get good laughs from it.
Just as i call my inca-indian co-worker a slave, he calls me white trash. Good laughs spawn from there too...
I call my girlfriend all sorts of things and vice versa, and so we laughed and laughed.

Stop taking offence to something you dont understand or i will have to compare you with a some other terrorist.

Wu.J,

Welcome to the forums my chineese game opponent and im looking forward to the olympics.
The Dane salutes you and, would you be interrested in buying some windmills china? :)

On another note i keep wondering how some ppl think that China could make itself free overnight when the freedom i cherish in the western countries grew from more than 10 wars and hundrets of years.
So, if they can make their freedom without a war in 500 years or so, it will be good enough for me.
wu.j China
level2
level2

Postby wu.j China » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:07 pm

mallebrok wrote:Xander,

Wu.J,

Welcome to the forums my chineese game opponent and im looking forward to the olympics.
The Dane salutes you and, would you be interrested in buying some windmills china? :)

On another note i keep wondering how some ppl think that China could make itself free overnight when the freedom i cherish in the western countries grew from more than 10 wars and hundrets of years.
So, if they can make their freedom without a war in 500 years or so, it will be good enough for me.

Thanks ! mallebrok.
We chinese welcome you for ever.There is no problems for me to buy windmills .
So does the windmill like this Image
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 pm

mallebrok wrote:Xander,

I remember you taking offence to a gay joke i made too.
I have out-of-the-closet gay freinds and i never hold back from calling them just that. They dont seem to mind and actually we get good laughs from it.
Just as i call my inca-indian co-worker a slave, he calls me white trash. Good laughs spawn from there too...
I call my girlfriend all sorts of things and vice versa, and so we laughed and laughed.

Stop taking offence to something you dont understand or i will have to compare you with a some other terrorist.

Hey, I have a friend who assumes that being friends with someone immediately means all others with common characteristics are unoffended by the language which they use when talking to them! I jokingly call him an over-generalising ignoramus - it's a good laugh - and, as you fall into the same category, I hope you don't might if I call you the same thing!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
mallebrok
level1
level1

Postby mallebrok » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:14 pm

KingAl wrote:
Hey, I have a friend who assumes that being friends with someone immediately means all others with common characteristics are unoffended by the language which they use when talking to them! I jokingly call him an over-generalising ignoramus - it's a good laugh - and, as you fall into the same category, I hope you don't might if I call you the same thing!

I take your point, and, you can call me whatever you like because i know you wont really have a clue what to call me.

This way i dont have to take offence either.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Hehe, don't worry, I don't plan to call you anything. It's great that you get on with a diverse range of people, but I've just seen that logical fallacy one too many times, and it isn't really helpful to tell people not to be offended by things.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch

Return to “General”