All Star Games on DedCon Test: every Sunday, 17:45 and 19:15

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

R.Reagan
level1
level1

Postby R.Reagan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:15 pm

sorry for leaving the game, it was such a lag that i worried not to place half of my stuff in time...normally this servers are very stable for me
Batou
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:33 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:40 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Also to Cobra: there is no obligation to play in these or any other games (aka ladder), I play when and who I want.

Thats coward talk. So much for a fighting champion.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 pm

Cobra Commander wrote:SHAME OF ATTENDANCE.

No hyperion, no smurf (acceptable given time difference) no dty, no hi there, no bert (circumstances) no second string players even from next six. PATHETIC!

MVPE too scared to play it seems others no show. He shows and crys that he will lose no 1 spot citing bablling gubbins excuses as always.

I echo MOR 's comments without interest defcon leagues will die.

Totally Random is equally weak.

NOT IMPRESSED. :?

Rarely ever gunna be able to play All Star games for the fact that i have little to no free time on weekends :(
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:12 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Being the number one ranked player maybe I should have some admin power on these matters for the future? 8)
Dream on :)

About the attendance question: MOR, MVPE, Cobra and Nightwatch were there for the default game and ready to play. It should be clear that not everyone of the top players has time to play every week at the fixed time, so stop whining and accept that not all games can be perfect games and play them anyway.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:45 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:About the attendance question: MOR, MVPE, Cobra and Nightwatch were there for the default game and ready to play. It should be clear that not everyone of the top players has time to play every week at the fixed time, so stop whining and accept that not all games can be perfect games and play them anyway.

You have reason about that, but the other players know nothing about All Star games system (good timing, offensive mind, acceptance of failure ...) then one player can make this game completely void..

An example is the last All Star game, two CPU's on the game just after Defcon 1, defensive spirit and nobody was concerned to have the points before the others ...

So why this All Star games with ordinary players?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:08 am

Well, the two CPU thing could have been avoided if you, MVPE and cobra would have stayed.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:58 am

I honestly believe that some people are afraid to play simply because they might lose their position on the Ranking tables. As I said above, I was sitting on MOR :wink: for at least 30 minutes, during which time appeared a number of top ranked players. Nearly all of them refused to play, even though we could've had a really good GAME!
One suggested we move to an un-ranked server, and he even returned as a Demo, and tried to shift me out of my position on the server (I am, of course, currently stuck playing as a Demo :evil: )
So obsessed have some of them become with your tables Bert, that you could say they've turned into a bunch of rankers :roll:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:40 am

Then tell them next time that losing against a real top player does not hurt their rank too much, it's much worse to lose against me :) Hey, how did I get to be #6 on Default Fast?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Well, the two CPU thing could have been avoided if you, MVPE and cobra would have stayed.

In the presence of Cobra ans MVPE, I proposed to play with 4 but nobody accept :?
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:28 pm

(MOR) wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:Well, the two CPU thing could have been avoided if you, MVPE and cobra would have stayed.

In the presence of Cobra ans MVPE, I proposed to play with 4 but nobody accept :?

It was a farce this week on many levels. Dont try and paint yourself as the white knight of virtue. :lol:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:41 pm

What I can do on a programming level: seats occupied by players with no ranking/low ranking (below 500 sounds about right) are shown as empty in the server browser; this will show that the spots are free for better players. At least, this should stop Cobra from demanding to kick unranked players, which I considered extremely rude.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:15 pm

Good idea Bert, with that the server will attract interested players even it is full :D

About Cobra, he still whining, I played against him and White Rabbit the last game, when he loses he dont stop criticism the players and called them idiots, even he refuse to rename him self..That because I won at US 8)

Poor Coby :cry:

Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:24 pm

(MOR) wrote:Good idea Bert, with that the server will attract interested players even it is full :D

About Cobra, he still whining, I played against him and White Rabbit the last game, when he loses he dont stop criticism the players and called them idiots, even he refuse to rename him self..That because I won at US 8)

Poor Coby :cry:

Ahah I knew you were taking pictures.

I was just so pissed by the stupidity of linux. He desreved to becalled an idiot. THE NOOB EFFECT IN FULL SWING!

As for being rude to players on Sunday there's nothing rude about it. I'd rather have a good game with better players as thats what the games on Sunday are meant to be about. It's a waste of time otherwise.

Return to “General”