Query on steam keys for backers -also emailed support

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Sunyavadin
level1
level1

Query on steam keys for backers -also emailed support

Postby Sunyavadin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 pm

I'm just wondering - as a long-time backer, who previously downloaded all my builds via these developer forums, but who no longer has access to the email address used to back the project (it was a long time ago), and hence no access to the original receipt (But who obviously had one, as it was needed in order to authorise the forum account's access to the developer forum), is there any way to go about obtaining my steam key via my account without directly emailing support? Obviously I've been in touch with them about the issue, but if there is something I've missed which would allow me to get it without bothering them, that'd be great.

*Edit* - as a side note, I also updated my forum account to use my new email address, so if there is any way to get it resent, it should go to the active email.
Last edited by Sunyavadin on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Re: Query on steam keys for backers -also emailed support

Postby elDiablo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:22 am

You're best bet will be to email support@introversion.co.uk with the email address you bought the game with, your full name, and proof of purchase (PayPal email address used to buy the game? Transaction ID from the purchase? Anything like that?). Support should be able to find your order and confirm it is you, and change the email address associated with it. It might take a few days though.
Sunyavadin
level1
level1

Postby Sunyavadin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Sadly my bank doesn't keep records that many years back, but it should have been paid for with the same card as I have now, same billing details, etc. Obviously, as the email does not exist any more, I can't get any kind of receipt that way. However this forum account is linked to that purchase ID, since I needed to use it in order to get backer access to the developer forum and download the alpha builds, so that straight out proves I backed the game.
Sunyavadin
level1
level1

Postby Sunyavadin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Wow. I just realised the last version I played was alpha 7...
There are.... a lot since then.
Here's hoping I can get my key soon while the latest season of OITNB is fresh in my head.
Sunyavadin
level1
level1

Postby Sunyavadin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Unfortunately it is now a week since support last responded to an email from me...

Crossing fingers that this just means they've sent off the original email address I gave them from when I initially backed the game to cross-reference against backers' emails to confirm it so they can send me a key.

Return to “Community Members”