Hot Water = Unplayable Prison

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Edlich
level0

Hot Water = Unplayable Prison

Postby Edlich » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:55 am

My 600 inmate strong prison is unplayable!

1. The prison is freezing! I got radiators, but can´t build a hot water system fast enough, until inmates ran amok! No introduction period. :shock:

2. Furthermore the travel distance of hot water, is TOO low. I have to virtually build boilers everywhere now! In cell blocks, staffrooms, canteen, common rooms, visitation, parole, chapel, hallways, outdoor, indoor.......everywhere! :evil: :evil: :evil: My cell block´s alone, requires nearly 60 boilers. I think the entire prison needs around 100-130 boilers to be fully heated.

I was looking forward to do some prison gaming this easter, but this update have made my prison unplayable...... or at least, a depressive experience. :cry:

Thumbs up on the performance optimization, however. :P
BlackSheep86
level0

Re: Hot Water = Unplayable Prison

Postby BlackSheep86 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:33 pm

I agree. I have never complained about new features in any game before, but once i loaded up my prison in update 5, I realized i have to rebuild it all to fit the boilers because of their limited range.

At least give us the hot water big pipe option for unlimited range, expensive is OK.
BlackSabbath
level0

Postby BlackSabbath » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:52 pm

The same happened to me. Had a riot where 20 people got killed but managed to get the water system running.

The heating system worked great until i started a new prison. The whole cellblock becomes blue (0ºC) after a while and the prisoners become quickly upset. I save and reload the game the heaters are working again. They stop working after 30 seconds tho. Pretty annoying

Bug:

After reloading.
Kimyrielle
level0

Postby Kimyrielle » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:24 pm

BlackSheep86 wrote:I agree. I have never complained about new features in any game before, but once i loaded up my prison in update 5, I realized i have to rebuild it all to fit the boilers because of their limited range.

At least give us the hot water big pipe option for unlimited range, expensive is OK.

Agree. Hot water can travel miles in a pipe without losing much heat. One large hot water tank should be able to supply the entire complex with hot water.
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Postby goodvibesman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Kimyrielle wrote:
BlackSheep86 wrote:I agree. I have never complained about new features in any game before, but once i loaded up my prison in update 5, I realized i have to rebuild it all to fit the boilers because of their limited range.

Agree. Hot water can travel miles in a pipe without losing much heat. One large hot water tank should be able to supply the entire complex with hot water.

Insulated pipes can indeed do that. Also your typical boiler inside of complexes like prisons are HUGE considering a prison is like a small town except crammed into a small space.
andersen.cj
level0

Postby andersen.cj » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:10 am

I've encountered the freezing inside bug. It's something they need to address, as radiators and ovens suddenly stopped generating heat, and all indoor areas went to 0C. Temp fixed it by buying land, but it's clearly a bug. Might also be able to clear it with save/reload, but haven't had the problem crop up again.
BlackSabbath
level0

Postby BlackSabbath » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:36 am

andersen.cj wrote:I've encountered the freezing inside bug. It's something they need to address, as radiators and ovens suddenly stopped generating heat, and all indoor areas went to 0C. Temp fixed it by buying land, but it's clearly a bug. Might also be able to clear it with save/reload, but haven't had the problem crop up again.

I gues ill try buying some land and see if it helps. I havent played anymore since that bug started
Bubblez
level1
level1

Postby Bubblez » Thu May 05, 2016 11:20 pm

I agree, the range of hot water pipes is really short. I would love for them to be longer.

With that said, there is some over exaggeration here with people saying they need hundreds of water boilers.... I have a 800 prisoner strong prison, and only need 48 boilers to heat the whole prison. Keep in mind that prisoners are the only ones that need the warmth in doors, so don't waste your time putting hot water pipes in Staff only areas where prisoners don't go... the staff don't mind the cold.
fable2omg
level0

Postby fable2omg » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:38 am

To add my two cents on the matter, I'm playing with the Fallout mod and my vault required specifically 16 boilers to provide warm water to my thousand residents. My biggest problem was simply that I didn't know at first what was the range of those, just a little red line showing the range of your boiler in the utility map would've been nice.

Return to “Community Members”