Prison architect.exe has stopped working (windows 10)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

TheYubYubFish
level0

Prison architect.exe has stopped working (windows 10)

Postby TheYubYubFish » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:39 am

Hi
Last week I updated my computer to windows 10 and now when ever i play prison architect the screen goes black and then crashes and tells me that prison architect.exe has stopped working. The game was working fine before i updated my computer. I have read other post by other people on this forum who have had a similar problem on computers running windows 7 or 8 however all of the solutions do not work for me. If anyone has any ideas or a solution that could help i would be very appreciative.
isuria
level0

Re: Prison architect.exe has stopped working (windows 10)

Postby isuria » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 pm

Hey!
Sorry I can't help, but I've got the exact same problem, it used to work fine untill I updated to windows 10 :(
5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz
level1
level1

Postby 5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Try running it as Admin. If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure how to resolve it. Personally gave up on Windows some time ago, so no access to Windows 10 here. Can't experiment with it but running as Admin is usually a "safe" first bet. Although it's actually kind of unsafe. ;)
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Postby goodvibesman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:17 am

Go through the basic stuff like reinstalling through Steam, clearing caches etc etc.
If that doesn't work, try taking ownership of the entire Steam folder. I heard that Windows 10's installation messes up a whole lot of people's permissions causing them to either be unable to install games or update them, all kinds of problems.
TheYubYubFish
level0

Postby TheYubYubFish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks for all the advise I really appreciate it, I've already tried all these things and prison architect is still not working, I have messaged the company and they are not even sure how to fix the problem they have told me a bunch of different ideas and solutions however all of them I've tried and all have not worked. Once again I really appreciate the help and advise and still will seek any advise or ideas any one may have. Thanks.
P.S
Sorry if this sounds a bit like a rant i just really want to play more prison architect and am a bit disappointing that haven't been able to play it much.
5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz
level1
level1

Postby 5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 am

Obviously there are other people playing it on Windows 10. The fact it doesn't work on your Windows 10 installation suggests there is something different about your exact situation. Now we just need to figure out what that difference is.
TheYubYubFish
level0

Postby TheYubYubFish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:44 am

How would I go about doing that? Any ideas?
5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz
level1
level1

Postby 5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:51 am

TheYubYubFish wrote:How would I go about doing that? Any ideas?
A lot of steps would be involved, it is kind of annoying that I do not have physical access to your PC. Otherwise I could simply try a few things for you. Some things to consider include:

- Uninstalling any and all drivers, to force Windows to use its own, at least temporarily.
- Installing CCleaner to try and clean some stuff up.
- Disabling anything unnecessary that gets started automatically when starting Windows.
... some more things...
- Eventually, reinstalling hardware specific drivers.

As you see, I have this whole process in my head to try and fix your Windows 10 installation. The thing is, I'm getting the distinct impression updating to Windows 10 simply broke your Windows installation. In other words, I don't think PA is failing you, I think Windows is failing you.
TheYubYubFish
level0

Postby TheYubYubFish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:00 am

OK thanks for the advise I didn't actually think of that and i was planning to go get my PC cleaned anyway as I was experiencing a few problems which i thought I had fixed but now that you mention this I will probably be getting it checked sooner. Thanks Heaps :)
5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz
level1
level1

Postby 5B7f9A1XQioOmbpz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:22 am

TheYubYubFish wrote:Thanks Heaps :)
Not a problem. If you do manage to get it fixed or have it fixed and PA does end up working, let us know what worked. Might come in handy one day when helping someone else.
TheYubYubFish
level0

Postby TheYubYubFish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:24 am

Will do, thanks again :)

Return to “General”