Commander Round Table - 10 Week Evaluation

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Commander Round Table - 10 Week Evaluation

Postby Cobra Commander » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:27 pm

So 10 weeks have passed since I returned at Christmas, not sure if I will be hanging around plus the life on the forum has ground to a halt for the last 10 days. MOR refuses to even play one game of a 1v1 Randomised instead preferring to use his old ghosting tricks then we have bullying scandals, MOD drama and pretty standard use of vulgar language with the nice community feel that was present all seems to have vanished. Then I read all about this strange Group 6 and AKE servers scandal involving some conspiracy theorist American that likes to own the Defcon world behind the scenes with delusions of grandeur and it all seems pretty dark and twisted. Kind of agree with Jelco in the Lounge about the special little place that the Defcon forum has become for all the wrong reasons.

Having said that, the Defcon forums suffer from a reputation problem. With all due respect to the therein active community members, it is really a separate part of the forums and one that I have always been very clear about not setting foot in as a moderator because I don't feel the slightest bit motivated to dig through some of the bullshit that happens over there (admittedly I'm not being overly objective here, but to be fair what you are reporting here is precisely the kind of stuff that many feel could only happen in the Defcon forums). I mostly felt comfortable stating this disposition because there were some other moderators around at that time who happened to be active Defcon players and so were visting the Defcon forums regularly anyway. Over the years they (like me) gradually phased out their activity over here so there was a need for new moderators, and the combination of the forums reputation and the fact that it is a very active community on its own, preference has in recent years gone to forum-specific moderators picked from those same forums rather than (like bert and I are) general moderators.

The fact that I have rarely set foot in the Defcon forums post-beta also means I have difficulty assessing the situation and judging who or what is behaving unfair. Since the Defcon forums are really regarded as a quite separate part of the forums, with their own active core that has very little overlap with the rest of the forums (indeed, Defcon's target audience has very little overlap with IV's traditional target audiences), I would not be surprised if it needs a bit of a departure from the traditional laissez-faire mentality that we use in the other parts of the forums. The Defcon crowd simply has more problems with pouting abusive teenagers than e.g. Uplink and Multiwinia, and it has a slight tendency to take the self-ruling part to the more negative side of anarchy. Even then, though, user bans should still be considered a last resort, only ever used when well-founded and most of all discussed with other moderators before execution (and if a user is a repeat offender, every single ban should be proposed anew for discussion within the moderator team). Such a mentality would prevent situations such as this where a moderator is being accused of partiality: either the ban is not executed because no moderators agree, in which case the community is left to its own devices to handle the situation, or the ban is executed but there is a clear signal that multiple moderators agree so there is no reason to assume there were 'unprofessional' reasons.

Not many good reasons to hang around it seems! Might as well watch House of Cards...this one needs it's foundations altered fundamentally!

Plus you are all still only playing 1v1 and 2v2.

Might play a few this week as have time off, let's see if MOR actually shows up as well!
atomic oracle
level2
level2

Re: Commander Round Table - 10 Week Evaluation

Postby atomic oracle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:32 am

SEE YA!
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I did not say I was leaving merely considering it. I was making a point and forcing you to look into the mirror whether you want to or not

Level of discussion here is at rock bottom.

The truth hurts as well.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Which old ghosting tricks COB, I never had a one..
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Please don't consider it and just leave. Everyone is sick of you and your obsession with MOR. Just gtfo.
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Spin on it Endless! I have only known you less than a month and I would space you without hesitation into the great beyond.

Your obsession with calling out dishonesty as a MOR obsession seems to be the real obsession here. As stated early this place had gone drastically down hill over the years and you are living proof of it. Maybe you should just gtfo as you so eloquently put it! Now there's a thought and your obsession with sticking your nose into my business is growing tiresome.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Cobra Commander wrote:I have only known you less than a month and I would space you without hesitation into the great beyond.

I like this phrase.
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:29 pm

I'd like to imagine after ever comment:

Leaning back in his ergonomic chair, he licks the doritos dust from his fat fingers and wiped the dripping soda from his patched neck beard on his protruding gut. Another internet victory, he though, and smugly slashed a tally mark on his MLP notepad. Believing that he deserved to be rewarded, he opened his henti folder and struggled to locate his dick, which was covered under the folds of sweat coated rolling fat. But he gave up once realizing that jacking off would be too much work; all of the energy needed to be focused on his enormous brain (iq > 200) to, once again, grace humanity with his genius.
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:11 am

No more evidence is needed of the cesspool that this place has devolved to than the above.

The fact that you can type this filth and get away with it is the biggest question mark of all.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 am

UNITEDAIR wrote:Image

I'd like to imagine after ever comment:

Leaning back in his ergonomic chair, he licks the doritos dust from his fat fingers and wiped the dripping soda from his patched neck beard on his protruding gut. Another internet victory, he though, and smugly slashed a tally mark on his MLP notepad. Believing that he deserved to be rewarded, he opened his henti folder and struggled to locate his dick, which was covered under the folds of sweat coated rolling fat. But he gave up once realizing that jacking off would be too much work; all of the energy needed to be focused on his enormous brain (iq > 200) to, once again, grace humanity with his genius.

Pure poetry.
Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:30 am

If you think that has literary merit you need your head examined. What sort of personality created it and even more baffling what sort of personality appreciates it?
UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:31 am

Cobra Commander wrote:No more evidence is needed of the cesspool that this place has devolved to than the above.

The fact that you can type this filth and get away with it is the biggest question mark of all.

He sat, furious at the fact that someone on the internet was not doing what he wanted! Where was the president of the internet, this guy must be stopped for dirtying up the place. And how did another person though it was poetry? Poetry? What idiots, can they not see what real literature is, like Marx. They are a waste of air that I could be using, he thought. No matter, he reminded himself that he was totally superior in every way to these cesspools. He blood pressure returned to normal (which was way too high) and promised himself that he would smite these inferior peasants.

Cobra Commander
level4
level4

Postby Cobra Commander » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:01 pm

I am sure what you are posting in your own world is meant to be amusing. I am not even reading it. I think the ass in your assumptions sums you up.

Another new idiot on this forum.
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Cobra Commander wrote:. I think the ass in your assumptions sums you up.

UNITEDAIR
level2
level2

Postby UNITEDAIR » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:03 am

Cobra Commander wrote:I am sure what you are posting in your own world is meant to be amusing. I am not even reading it. I think the ass in your assumptions sums you up.

Another new idiot on this forum.

That should do it, he thought. The pun he saw a few days earlier on a reddit thread really came in handy for this particular fool. He typed a response to clear any doubt of his utter disinterest in the discussion, to let the other guy know of his superior maturity. The Internet was serious stuff, for smart, serious people like himself. Another idiot crowding up his precious world. He sighed. If only ...

Return to “General”