[MOD REQUEST] Plannable Rooms

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

thekingwhocares
level0

[MOD REQUEST] Plannable Rooms

Postby thekingwhocares » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:21 pm

A couple of days ago I sold my med-security prison for a nice 1.5M profit. I started drawing out my new prison with the plan tool so I could start building my prison a couple of days later. Thing is, i'm awful at remembering which room I drew had which purpose. So I came up with this idea, Plannable Rooms. Every room should be drawable from the Plannig menu. The planned rooms should have the same colour as in the Rooms menu but striped instead of checkered, to precure confusion. Also, there should be "(Planned)" behind the room name.

Secondly, this mod could bring a post-it system into the game, where the player can write a quick note and paste it somewhere on the map for him or other players to read later. First things first however, Plannable rooms would already bring a lot of improvement to the planning tool in my opinion.

The main problem is, i'm quite horrible at modding and I won't get anywhere on my own.
If anyone could help me out i'd be really grateful.
thekingwhocares
level0

Re: [MOD REQUEST] Plannable Rooms

Postby thekingwhocares » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:30 pm

up
ShadowPulse
level0

Postby ShadowPulse » Mon May 02, 2016 5:38 am

maybe a late reply but
there's already a mod out there for planning rooms: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =322182716
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 am

i made also a mod for it, mine includes alternative menu graphics. But therefore the plannable rooms have also symbols. (cant split this mod into two, because those two would get incompatibility to each other, as they affect both the ui.png and interface.spritebank)

also my mod is uptodate.
Wyxe
level1
level1

Postby Wyxe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm also making a mod for this, but with a twist. I hope. If I make it, it will be the third version of my only PA mod, Prison Architect Plus. I don't know how to add room sprites, so I eagerly await learning from your mod if possible, Trixi.

Return to “Modding”