I can't sort out freedom HELP

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

wolfthecreator1
level1
level1

I can't sort out freedom HELP

Postby wolfthecreator1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:22 pm

I checked the needs part of the reports and it comes up with all red for freedom! There are windows everywhere so what else do I need to do? :|
seesaw
level2
level2

Re: I can't sort out freedom HELP

Postby seesaw » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:41 am

you have to give them free time in the regime. however free time decreases punishment. to increase punishment you have to have either lock up regime, increase the punishments or make them suppressed.

its about balancing these things.
wolfthecreator1
level1
level1

Postby wolfthecreator1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:38 pm

I have I've got 3 hours of free time every day!
seesaw
level2
level2

Postby seesaw » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:43 pm

i think it may be bugged. in my test prison i tried to halve the freedom need and after a couple of days with 6 hours of freedom, their freedom need was still high. the thing that may indicate its a bug is that in free time the blue bar that indicates that the need is being satisfied was blinking randomly and the freedom need wasnt being satisfied.
murgh
level2
level2

Postby murgh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:39 pm

seesaw wrote:i think it may be bugged. in my test prison i tried to halve the freedom need and after a couple of days with 6 hours of freedom, their freedom need was still high. the thing that may indicate its a bug is that in free time the blue bar that indicates that the need is being satisfied was blinking randomly and the freedom need wasnt being satisfied.

This shows that setting Freetime alone will not help. When all other important needs are satisfied too, the Freedom need will drop. I run a prison with no Freetime at all currently and have very little Freedom needs:

Screenshots were taken during sleeptime - as soon as they wake up to shower the Hygiene will drop and when they do their yard thing, needs like Family, Recreation and Exercise are satisfied. So they all will go happily to work, until they almost fall asleep in the workshops in the evening. Perhaps it's because they get 3 hours of yard time in this regime? I dunno :P
Last edited by murgh on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:36 am

In my experience, freedom need simply means that they want to be outdoors. If your entire prison is inside buildings, freedom need will never go down, no matter what else you try.

Return to “General”