Prisoner's Safety Needs

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

johnstonwangstar
level1
level1

Prisoner's Safety Needs

Postby johnstonwangstar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:34 pm

So I'm playing with gangs on to add some fun and excitement to the game. Problem is, there's too much excitement. The gangs always make the danger level skyrocket from their gang leaders getting into fights or them trying to take over rooms, so the safety need for prisoners also skyrockets. But because the need for safety goes up, the danger level goes even higher because half my prison "has serious complaints" .

So right now, I have a snowball effect going on, where prisoners are literally rioting because they don't feel safe. I've paused the game on a 200 prisoner maximum security riot. Most of my 25 prisoner supermax section also got involved. It'd be great if the safety need was nerfed so I don't have to deal with this for about the sixth time. Also anyone

Also, how some of my prisoners can disarm armed guards and kill 10 of my guards is really pissing me off.

Here's a pic to the needs chart:
http://imgur.com/onbTPHf
johnstonwangstar
level1
level1

Re: Prisoner's Safety Needs

Postby johnstonwangstar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Annnnnnnd 123 prisoners awaiting solitary.
johnstonwangstar
level1
level1

Postby johnstonwangstar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 pm

NO ONES F***ING EATING ANYMORE

AGFGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Dangerous-D
level1
level1

Postby Dangerous-D » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd say you might want to reduce or possibly even remove punishments for minor infractions such as fighting. It's tough enough to stop fighting as it is and you've got gangs enabled so you're unlikely to stop them happening, but you might be able reduce the strain by adjusting the punishment.

You've got 123 prisoners awaiting solitary so you're going to have a number of your guards doing nothing but moving people in and out of solitary non-stop, while that number continually increases

I'm a bad prison builder, but I've downloaded a few gang prisons and they all work despite the unavoidable violence because you don't have people being put in solitary for a fist fight
Last edited by Dangerous-D on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnstonwangstar
level1
level1

Postby johnstonwangstar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 pm

True. I can't believe what a hassle all this gang business is. Ever since I had gang leaders move in, I've had to hire about 30 more guards and 10 armed guards. And build 3 more infirmaries. I literally just have riot police in my prison 24/7 because there's so many incidents.
seesaw
level2
level2

Postby seesaw » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:00 am

I was wondering. What happens if you permanent punish in solitary all gang members and leaders?
johnstonwangstar
level1
level1

Postby johnstonwangstar » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:08 am

The gang that they command brings the danger level to the max almost instantaneously.

I solved the gang leader problem by changing them to death row in the save file, with their gangs rioting after they were executed, but I only have gang lieutenants now, which is tolerable.

But then people got angry that I was doing the first shakedown in such a long time because of all the gang nonsense that this happened:
http://imgur.com/8ZT0Ean
And that's alot more than 123 awaiting solitary now.
Dangerous-D
level1
level1

Postby Dangerous-D » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:48 pm

So try lowering your punishments...

You'll soon know whether or not it works
Kunovega
level1
level1

Postby Kunovega » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:34 am

Lower your punishment rates. Increase your solitary cells built.

I tend to run about 10% of the population in solitary at any given time so if you have 200 prisoners I would need 20 solitary cells, or more. But the prisoners also need to get cycled out of them quickly. Don't leave them in there for days. Also using lockdown instead of solitary for most punishments will help
wolfthecreator1
level1
level1

Postby wolfthecreator1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:29 pm

why don't you turn off gangs? And if you have problems with solitary just put them in lock down. Or build a lot of solitary. Maybe even a whole cell block but solitary
ulix
level1
level1

Postby ulix » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:25 am

If I see the heat-bar going up, most often because a gang leader is being punished, I just look for the guy and end his punishment.

It's a bit annoying, but I'd rather do that than lower punishments all around.

Othe than that I hope they start rioting and go for freefire, and then hope they're killed. It's a lot easier without those leaders...
murgh
level2
level2

Postby murgh » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:13 pm

There is always the way of putting the gang leader into a cell... and then remove the door and brick him up. Let him starve to death instead of sending him to the chair. :twisted:
seesaw
level2
level2

Postby seesaw » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:24 pm

murgh wrote:There is always the way of putting the gang leader into a cell... and then remove the door and brick him up. Let him starve to death instead of sending him to the chair. :twisted:

That could be a good idea. I dont know if prisoners can starve to death, but if he is bricked he cant harm anyone.

Return to “General”