Deployment zone spilling into hallway

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

VECCTOR
level0

Deployment zone spilling into hallway

Postby VECCTOR » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there is some other way to do what I want.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/HedVKPu

I want to designate that dorm as min sec only, but the hallway outside to be shared. Everywhere else (cells, other rooms, etc) this works fine, but for some reason for dorms the selectable deployment area always spills out into the nearest hallway (it happens on the other dorm in my prison as well). Even the cell blocks right across the hall work correctly.

The dorm is fully enclosed, as pictured there, with two large jail doors leading out. The room is defined as a dorm in the area to the right of the doors only; nothing in the squares of the doors themselves or out into the hall. Why is the deployment area going past those doors?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: Deployment zone spilling into hallway

Postby RichieGrape » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 am

shut the doors...after a few seconds the deployment screen should update...

once it updates you can lock the doors back open if you want and it will work normally
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 pm

RichieGrape wrote:shut the doors...after a few seconds the deployment screen should update...

once it updates you can lock the doors back open if you want and it will work normally

I am afraid this info is incorrect as you do not have the doors locked open like RichieGrape seems to think for some reason.

The problem is that your design is not allowing for what you want: All cells (including dormitories) will always merge with the corridor bordering them, as the cells on the left of your screenshot also do with the horizontal corridor that they are next to. The big dormitory you have simply follows that same rule: Its deployment sector merges with the corridor outside. This is intended so that players can create smaller dormitories with two or three inmates who are arranged like cells in a cell block.

I'm afraid that if you want a shared corridor there, you have to create a second corridor next to it so that the dormitory can fold into that one and you can assign another security rating to the one in the screenshot.
DangerousAndroid
level1
level1

Postby DangerousAndroid » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 pm

VoiD88 wrote:I am afraid this info is incorrect as you do not have the doors locked open like RichieGrape seems to think for some reason.

The problem is that your design is not allowing for what you want: All cells (including dormitories) will always merge with the corridor bordering them, as the cells on the left of your screenshot also do with the horizontal corridor that they are next to. The big dormitory you have simply follows that same rule: Its deployment sector merges with the corridor outside. This is intended so that players can create smaller dormitories with two or three inmates who are arranged like cells in a cell block.

I'm afraid that if you want a shared corridor there, you have to create a second corridor next to it so that the dormitory can fold into that one and you can assign another security rating to the one in the screenshot.

This is totally correct, just want to add that they will change this in the next update, so if your dormitory is larger than 40 m^2 it will work as a holding cell.
VECCTOR
level0

Postby VECCTOR » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:10 am

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

Return to “Community Members”