General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

rstd2
level1
level1

[HYPE] Guard Towers!

Postby rstd2 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:13 pm

Greetings all!

So I have been digging around the prison architect game files (./Steam/SteamApps/Common/Prison Architect/data) and I have compiled all I know about the (hopefully) soon-to-come sniper towers that we all have been begging for. In case the images here don't load for you, you can see this Imgur Gallery.

To start, I found this information in the materials.txt file:
(I would've made this a code thingy, but the copy-pasting wasn't making it line up.)
From what I understand of Introversion's code, this is a 2m x 2m outdoor object that requires the Armory Research, and takes 60 seconds to build.

Next, this was found in the research.txt file:
So right now it's known as GuardTowers, requires the security chief and Armory research. It takes 18 hours to research, and costs $5000.

This was actually one of the first new things I've noticed after Update 2:
This guy was found int he objects.png file.To me, it appears to be a Guard tower sprite, it has a red alternative to the green staff door on the bottom, if it works anything like Sambot's sniper mod, I imagine the snipers will be assigned to it and stand within it. The only thing I don't understand is the grating sort of thing on the top.

I didn't really know what to think of this one:
I found him in the special-entities.png, he looks like the other snipers we have below, but without the rifle bullets in the breast pockets and the snazzy hat, (and probably his standards) and might be an actor for a cutscene in a future campaign episode? Either way this might indicate IV is still making more campaign.

Now I'm sure most of you have seen this before:
These are found in people.png, and might be the oldest evidence we have of snipers in the game. Nothing much else to say.

Finally, this image was found in ui.png. It appears to me to be a room for snipers to stage, and doesn't make sense, personally given that we have the armory with rifles on the weapon racks.

Well that's all I've found so far, feel free to let me know in the comments if you've found anything else!
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Re: [HYPE] Guard Towers!

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:37 am

I found guard tower research...
Look in research.txt
rstd2
level1
level1

Postby rstd2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:17 pm

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:I found guard tower research...
Look in research.txt

Is that not what I clarified in the topic post?
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:31 am

rstd2 wrote:
JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:I found guard tower research...
Look in research.txt

Is that not what I clarified in the topic post?

I found research actually called 'GuardTower', not the existing armoury one.

Return to “General”