bug using no utilities

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

that1steve
level1
level1

bug using no utilities

Postby that1steve » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:25 am

If i disable both water and electricity i lose access to the utilities menu, so i cant connect doors or cameras.
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Re: bug using no utilities

Postby Darkrious1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Not a bug, been like this since early alphas. Though it is annoying and 'limited access to utilities like doors servos, pressure pads, and consoles that need connections should still be allowed with the no utilities only applying to water and power directly, not everything.
that1steve
level1
level1

Postby that1steve » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 pm

So i was playing with just water for a bit then it hit me. i can click on a phone tap or door control, then 'connect' from there to get the wires done. So now im able to have both utilities off and still use cams and such.
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Postby Darkrious1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:55 pm

that1steve wrote:So i was playing with just water for a bit then it hit me. i can click on a phone tap or door control, then 'connect' from there to get the wires done. So now im able to have both utilities off and still use cams and such.

Intriguing... So what you don't need to place servos or pads? Just connect it to the door directly?
that1steve
level1
level1

Postby that1steve » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Ya i havent messed with any logic circuits, just set up 5+ door control panels and wire each to each door. And only keep 10 phones or so all wired individually to taps.

Edit: ahh servos...forgot they arnt in any other menu. I switched the utilities off after i placed all my doors/servos/terminals so all i had left was to connect everything haha

Edit 2: maybe the building part of the toolbar can be changed to 'build' and includes everything, then a drop down (of only icons, mouse over for text) with specific filters like materials, utilities, workshop, kitchen, favorites. Can keep the search function also.

Return to “General”