General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Rad Poison
level2
level2

Re: Moderators Abuse of Power

Postby Rad Poison » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:56 am

Hermaeus Mora wrote:
General Ivan wrote:Sometimes the plot doesn't need to make sense. It's the drama that counts. :)

Popcorn?

tru that

Do they come with salt or sugar?
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:23 am

Alright you morons don't get totally off topic now smh lol If it continues to be stupid nonsense with nothing being accomplished I'll just close it. The people being targeted in this thread aren't even posting or anything so yeah.....Oh and I've already fixed one of the issues.

Edit: TBH I do not see either party changing their ways , so all I see is this rustling more jimmies that don't need to be rustled AKA very close to me shutting it down and the "talks" if needed can continue in my PM/Steam or in game. Or like we have tried before literally unban every bozo who got themselves banned and just let the shitshow go on , which again would get strong opposition from some e.g. Endy and others or strong support from some. Either way some of you mofos will be/won't be happy.... You put me in a tough place here, I try and be equal to everyone and answer everyone's needs but this case/cases is more complicated and there is some dynamic to it. I will make a decision soon , inform the "other mods" also and see what they say. Like I said whatever happens it will be 50% favorable 50% not so yeah
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:31 am

Why we are not starting a new poll for old and new moderators?
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:39 am

Because these parts don't need any more or less help. 3 Mods for this specific forum is probably not even needed considering I check in on here at least 6 times a day or more but it is what it is.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:19 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:You put me in a tough place here, I try and be equal to everyone and answer everyone's needs but this case/cases is more complicated and there is some dynamic to it.

To add something to the complexity here is my demand: Do not lock this thread.
Last edited by trickser on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:48 pm

trickser wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:You put me in a tough place here, I try and be equal to everyone and answer everyone's needs but this case/cases is more complicated and there is some dynamic to it.

To add something to the complexity here is my demand: Do not lock this tread.

Yeah, locking threads kills the community. We all can see what happened! A dead forum.

And vic, it is not about the number of moderators. We did that with bert in the past. It had a foundation and worked well.
That means not i want to lose you or other moderators like for example Laika.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Alright you morons don't get totally off topic now smh lol If it continues to be stupid nonsense with nothing being accomplished I'll just close it. The people being targeted in this thread aren't even posting or anything so yeah.....Oh and I've already fixed one of the issues.

It's a video game forum, its meant for stupid nonsense from the start. I didn't understand the love for locking by rgeezy, I'd rather not have it coming back.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:43 pm

By the way, isn't this

RGeezy911 wrote:It's amusing to know that my small attempts at - what I believed to be - the betterment of this community, has caused you so much grief.

a bit rich from someone (bitterly) stalking a forum he was never interested in and doesn't moderate anymore?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Endless wrote:
When did I become a moderator? When did I become a part of this "clique?" I believe in one of the thread links that you posted, I was the biggest opponent to the "regime."

As far as being rude, wait until you play me. Calling you a pussy when you're being a pussy is hardly an insult.

I know you are not a moderator, but to be serious? Any person that can read your posts in question would see that you are part of the bullying group.

DTNC Vicious wrote:Alright you morons don't get totally off topic now smh lol If it continues to be stupid nonsense with nothing being accomplished I'll just close it. The people being targeted in this thread aren't even posting or anything so yeah.....Oh and I've already fixed one of the issues.

Thank you for fixing a part of the issue. I really appreciate it. Also it's not nonsense when it is relevant.Then again, this is all moot.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Yes, well I didn't say I would 100% lock this lol I said if it continues and turn into real personal attacks or bs I would. No need for that , video games forum or not this isn't 4chan, well I'd Ike to think it isn't lol maybe some of y'all have other ideas for it :roll:
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Rad Poison wrote:
Hermaeus Mora wrote:
General Ivan wrote:Sometimes the plot doesn't need to make sense. It's the drama that counts. :)

Popcorn?

tru that

Do they come with salt or sugar?

Both. And extra butter if you want it!
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 am

You're going to see me say this several times in this post, but who do you think you are MOR? Who do you think you are to even post a thread like this? To even think that you could come back for a couple weeks and act like your opinion on a subject like this matters, who do you think you are?

When you left, you were one of, if not the best out there. I sucked then (even more than I do now) and I always thought you were a great player. Back then, your voice was booming to this community and you mattered. Then you left. No one blamed you. Real life can do that. A lot of the other greats left too like Ace, Schub, Rus Mike, etc... The community was at a low point and none of the greats were there.

In this low time, we made our own elites. A select few of us got really good. But the community was still small. It was small enough that you couldn't just go into a game and play and have fun. The player base wasn't big enough to thrive like you see on major console games. Everyone knew everyone. So believe it or not, this story turned into the good guys versus bad guys.

ROFLamingo, TGR, and myself became this faction that had simply one cause: to create chaos. It started out in just diplo games. We would go in as a team, and just annihilate the other 3. We coordinated everything. Once people caught on to what we were doing, they were fighting back. They would get better as time went on. They were on to our game and scheme so well, that we had to go in under aliases and take over games in an even cheaper way.

It was to the point that people would actually recruit other gamers in an attempt to stop us. Of course, as they got bigger, so did we. It went from us 3, to adding the names of dotch, spesh, kangaraptor, and air burst. By that time of course, we were excellent at the game and had moved to the duel games of 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3. And we excelled completely there. Most notably was TGR beating R3D handily in a heavily watched 1v1.

The point of this story is this: while you were away doing your RL things, some of us never left. People like kudayta and I (since you won't name your "bullies"), we were big reasons why this game is still alive. Sure, I have been an "antagonist" for the most part of my gaming time, but it's what was needed for this small game, and it was fun for me. I have to be publicly scrutinized in RL. Every single action I make could either end up on the news, or cost someone their life. But here, I was a super villain. I was the bad guy. I was the boss that it's harder than hell to beat, but you get that satisfaction when you finally do.

And then you came back after all of this time. Your first thread was great. You announced your return in a big way by starting a tournament. It was awesome. Then you had to post this thread. What the actual fuck? I don't think it was the fact of who you were calling out or why, it was the sheer nerve to think that your opinion on this subject should matter.

You weren't around for any of this. You weren't around for most of our issues. You weren't here for the Laika cheating scandal. You weren't here. So who in the hell do you think you are? You were here years ago and your voice mattered then. It still matters now. But not on things that you had no part of, and have no business bringing up. This whole issue was dead. We were getting along fine. Hell I was getting along with haw haw. That's how swell things were.

Then you came back and did this. Who do you think you are?
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:29 am

It does not matter if he did a break. I also did a break and you also fuck me with that bullshit.
We should be happy about so many old players right now and we should not scare them.
Sorry, but your post is senseless.

DTNC Vicious wrote:Yes, well I didn't say I would 100% lock this lol I said if it continues and turn into real personal attacks or bs I would. No need for that , video games forum or not this isn't 4chan, well I'd Ike to think it isn't lol maybe some of y'all have other ideas for it :roll:

True, but it seems we fear this, why? Because much went wrong here and lets see if this is still going on.
You said in that other thread insults are allowed now? I am confused and cant believe this.
The forum is a whorehouse now?
Faithfully yours F.uck Y.ou :wink:
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Going to get another batch of salty sprinkled popcorn.

Want me to get some more for you Rad and Hermaeus?
Mr.Megadeath
level2
level2

Postby Mr.Megadeath » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 pm

General Ivan wrote:Going to get another batch of salty sprinkled popcorn.

Want me to get some more for you Rad and Hermaeus?

Yes please!

Return to “General”