Escape mode is far too easy/ major unbalance.

Discussion of the new Escape Mode

Moderator: NBJeff

RJenkos
level2
level2

Escape mode is far too easy/ major unbalance.

Postby RJenkos » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Reputation points are gotten to easily and traits are purchased too cheaply.

I'm sure this game will be made harder in the future. But as of right now it gets boring pretty quickly. I've gone through probably 20 random prisons and have never been more than 1 day to successfully escape.
Simplex1420
level0

Re: Escape mode is far too easy/ major unbalance.

Postby Simplex1420 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:28 pm

agreed ... had about same results for myself ... whichever map is loaded ... the same simple method gets me out quite quickly.

find an "unmanned" room protected by a staff door
stand in front of it to have it open by a guard
get in the room (straight or prevent the door from closing by standing right at the door level until guard is gone)
rampage some goods
wait for "end fight" option ... then press space asap
redo rampage/end fight enough to level-up deadly/strong/instigator to max

then you instant-kill most of targets and can quickly build up a team to follow you

the rest is ... start a riot ... kill guards ... run away

but it's still fun :D
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Here is my latest. I gave my whole squad shotguns and murdered every single person in the prison. Mowed down about 6 rounds of riot guards too.
Imageescape mode by Ross, on Flickr
InfinityBread
level0

Postby InfinityBread » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:41 pm

I agree. If you have tasers, it becomes very simple.
Col_Jessep
level1
level1

Postby Col_Jessep » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Agreed, It's too easy to just take out all the guards:

Escape mode was a fantastic idea, especially that you can download random prisons from the Workshop, but the guards need a buff. =D

I think the stealth aspect needs to be a bit more rewarding too. Right now you are getting points for destruction and murder but not for staying under the radar. How about a point for a successfully smuggled item, for a distance of tunnel dug and bonus points if you escape undetected and without helpers? In my book the best escape is like the Shawshank Redemption escape: Nobody suspected a thing and then he is just gone.

Leaving a trail of bodies, a prison in full riot and a couple of fires is fun (in the game) but there is something to be said about an escape that nobody notices or suspects until they find the empty cell during morning roll call, right?
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Col_Jessep wrote:Agreed, It's too easy to just take out all the guards:

Escape mode was a fantastic idea, especially that you can download random prisons from the Workshop, but the guards need a buff. =D

I think the stealth aspect needs to be a bit more rewarding too. Right now you are getting points for destruction and murder but not for staying under the radar. How about a point for a successfully smuggled item, for a distance of tunnel dug and bonus points if you escape undetected and without helpers? In my book the best escape is like the Shawshank Redemption escape: Nobody suspected a thing and then he is just gone.

Leaving a trail of bodies, a prison in full riot and a couple of fires is fun (in the game) but there is something to be said about an escape that nobody notices or suspects until they find the empty cell during morning roll call, right?

Agreed.

I played last night a bit with the intention of trying some different things, but the temptation of just farming rep by destroying the showers was too great. :P

There should be, if there isn't already, points for being a sneaky SOB. I'm just having too much short term fun depopulating the prison of guards.

Maybe the rep system should be tweaked to give a rep point based off the amount of damage done rather than number of objects damaged as it seems to be now.
Col_Jessep
level1
level1

Postby Col_Jessep » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:43 pm

MMZ>Torak wrote:Maybe the rep system should be tweaked to give a rep point based off the amount of damage done rather than number of objects damaged as it seems to be now.

Exactly. And maybe extra points for taking down the power supply or setting fire to the kitchen because those things are in my experience rather painful for the prison manager, especially if the culprit can get away unnoticed!
JumbleBumble
level0

Postby JumbleBumble » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Yes, in some prisons you can run out the door and escape. I think escape mode should be made for more playtime for a prison, as it is now you could easily escape a prison within 5-15 minutes and after doing that after a couple of prisons it becomes quite boring.

I'd love to see the rep system changed (Perhaps harder to get points/Skills cost more. Or do mini quest/inspire bigger chaos than punching shower heads) As for you making friends in mere seconds id also like to see that revamped, maybe you would have to join a gang to get some buddies to help or do a small favor for another prisoner?

Another thing is that your prisoners needs are thrown out the window, making everything besides Sleep/Lockup your free time, Maybe the devs wanted you not to feel pushed along but it would definitely add more immersion and you could actually live the life of a prisoner (feel like your a prisoner slowly plotting an intricate escape instead of punching an armed guard then gunning down everyone in your way) . TL:DR- id like more playtime/in depth/immersion of escape mode before I feel its completed.
Heffernan
level1
level1

Postby Heffernan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:42 pm

easiest way: destroy 2-3 things in ur own prison cell and fight guards, u get +2 up to +5 and then get attacked and pay urself out.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Once the rep get balanced, it'll be more interesting.

So 1 point of rep for breaking the furniture, but it would be harder to farm it out endlessly. Therefore you'd have to do a range of things.

Modifiers like shanking a gang opponent could lower the rep cost to recruit the opposing gang members. You could be allied to one gang or another.

Min sec prisoners might avoid you if you get too tough. But they could be the ones with techie break out skills.

Once people start designing interesting and fun prisons to break out of, it'll be great.

I'm thinking touch sensitive plates in the hall, rigged to an alarm, needing a power station to be knocked out, which could be inaccessible, except for a tunnel......could be good.
Blood_Splat_PvP
level0

Postby Blood_Splat_PvP » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Well as everyone else here has said this is FAR!!! to easy to escape i got out of a maximum security prison with 230 some guards and about 10 in each room by the way 53 of them were armed guards the rest normal and dog handlers all with tazer training also you can just spam the tazer/shotgun all day long should at least have to reload it at some point i managed to get this score and really and truly this was my first time doing it 1284 and about 1200 of the points was from killing guards and staff so ez even with just a hammer
mattydavis2505
level0

Postby mattydavis2505 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Escape mode.

It is FAR too easy. We have established this. Even in the toughest of prisons, escaping doesn't take nearly as long as it should. Rep points are far too easy to gain, especially by destruction. I propose that they make rep points harder to get with destruction. Maybe one point for every 2 items damaged? Even this would be better than every single item you damage.

Also, your prisoner doesn't need to follow the regime unless it's lockup or sleep. Now, I understand how this may be difficult to program, but I think a nice little addition would be if the guards took you to where you're meant to be at eat, shower, yard etc. Obviously Work is different, and free time you can roam freely.

However, these improvements could be made and it would be much more of a challenge.

On the other hand, there should be more things to actually do. The right click button could be used for actions like any normal prisoner, like eat, sit, use, work etc. You should be able to organise contraband to be thrown over the walls, or smuggled in via visitation. This is the system I recommend -

You can work to earn money, or steal it off a prisoner by threatening or killing them.
You can use a phonebooth to ring family, lawyer, smuggler (they could do so much with this, different people will bring in different things. For example, your family aren't going to be willing to smuggle in a gun or weapon are they? But your smuggler might, for an extortionate price)
You can have visitors, whom will smuggle different items in.
When you ring the smuggler, you have to use the money you earnt to pay him for contraband.
The smuggler will either throw contraband over a wall, or smuggle it in through the kitchen, or through visitation.

I haven't even started on how much they could do with gangs (joining gangs, creating a tattoo for your own squad/gang, promoting people to second in command..)
MinecraftMania4
level0

Postby MinecraftMania4 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:29 am

I believe that escape mode wasn't intended to be difficult. It was just built for quick sessions in each prison.
mattydavis2505
level0

Postby mattydavis2505 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 am

MinecraftMania4 wrote:I believe that escape mode wasn't intended to be difficult. It was just built for quick sessions in each prison.

I don't think it was, but it's serious fun and completely changes the game. A bit like CoD: WaW. They didn't intend for the zombies mode to kick off, but it did and a lot of people just bought the game for zombies. It's a selling point. And this could be made so much better, and it would become even more addicting!
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Maybe they could have this mode along with a hard mode. I would like to see where it's nearly impossible to escape before 2-3 days.

Return to “Escape Mode”