(suggestion) dealing with problem prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

terminalinsanity
level0

(suggestion) dealing with problem prisoners

Postby terminalinsanity » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:47 pm

I have prisoners who kill every other day, who will be released long before the guy on death row who killed 2 people. Their punishment? A day in solitary!?

I'd like to have scheduled times for prisoners to be picked up/dropped off for courthouse hearings, to give some sense that these guys will get proper punishment. Maybe a new room later in game, for on-site hearings for major infractions so I don't need to load them onto a bus?

Another option would be to pay other prisons to accept them? Higher price depending on his skills and history?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: (suggestion) dealing with problem prisoners

Postby RichieGrape » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:30 pm

i kindof feel you here...i have a legendary who is extremely volatile + extremely everything else it seems...ended up having to assign 6 guards to his cell block to keep him under control and every single time he "pops off" he kills atleast 1 of those guards would love to see him get upgraded to death row due to his incarcerated infractions

futherm
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Postby xPyr0x » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:34 am

I like to edit my save and change solitary punishment for murder from 240 to 999999. Which essentially locks him away forever, however to avoid the daily kickoff that solitary block is gonna have to be relatively comfortable cells. Leave the armed guards by there, FF on. This will avoid the high cost or suppressing all your other prisoners. (I guess you can put the PC block next to solitary)

pros of doing this - prisoner is now out of the way for good, Anyone who commits a murder, won't be doing it again for a few hundred years. (of course this is subject to abuse for say all crimes, so you could get another 1200ish hell prison)

cons - sometimes its your ci or an important gang member that gets locked away from a kill will trigger more negative events. You can select permanent solitary, then hit end punishment, to commute his solitary time. (it should say something like 17,000 hours per kill!)

exploit: impossible to dig tunnel through solitary cells even if they have a toilet/bed/phone/shower/tv
blackleaf
level0

Postby blackleaf » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:58 am

I dealt with this issue by using permanent punishments and a special "supermax" prison building where anyone who commits a murder while serving time gets locked up forever. The rooms outside the cells are patrolled by the guards with shotguns who are on free fire. Works pretty well.

Return to “Community Members”