Wiki verification [was: Random event "Water Pipe Bust"]

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

YMS
level1
level1

Wiki verification [was: Random event "Water Pipe Bust"]

Postby YMS » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:16 pm

The "Water Pipe Bust" random event was shown in the Alpha 36 video, but is not in the changelog. Has it been removed from the game (e.g. because water floods hardly have an effect anyway), or just forgotten in the changelog? Did someone face it in the game already?

(I'm asking because I want to know whether it should be in the wiki.)
Last edited by YMS on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexx2k
level1
level1

Re: Random event "Water Pipe Bust" in the game?

Postby Lexx2k » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 pm

Seen it at least two times. The first time it knocked out my kitchen, the second time it flooded the showers. Not the worst event.. and it always feels like a blessing when the messager pops up and it's "just" a waterpipe burst. :p Had my power generator explode once as well.. Did much worse damage. All in all, I think the events are happening a tad too fast / often, though.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Thanks for your reply, I've removed the "Verification needed" tag in the wiki. However my question should have been longer: Does it only affect large pipes (as shown in the video), or may small pipes bust as well?

And as I'm asking anyway: The Subsidence event, does it affect all kinds of walls and fences, or is e.g. the expensive perimeter wall safe?
Lazarus52980
level1
level1

Postby Lazarus52980 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Lexx2k wrote:Seen it at least two times. The first time it knocked out my kitchen, the second time it flooded the showers. Not the worst event.. and it always feels like a blessing when the messager pops up and it's "just" a waterpipe burst. :p Had my power generator explode once as well.. Did much worse damage. All in all, I think the events are happening a tad too fast / often, though.

However, if you are like me and have one of your generators right next to your water pump... you get BOTH events. My pipe burst right next to the pump, flooded the generator and started a fire. Being the idiot I am, we put out the fire which turned back on the water pump but in the midst of the fire, I had forgotten to fix the pipe! Flooded the generator again and started it on fire AGAIN.

The joys of random events...
Lexx2k
level1
level1

Postby Lexx2k » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:16 pm

YMS wrote:And as I'm asking anyway: The Subsidence event, does it affect all kinds of walls and fences, or is e.g. the expensive perimeter wall safe?

Right now it always only affected my most outside fence, never any other. So.. no idea if it won't affect the perimeter wall. In any case, you should put around another layer of fence or brick wall anyway, just in case (I always do this, simply because it keeps away people throwing contraband over the walls). In some parts of my prison I even have 3 layers of walls (mostly if no building is between cells and perimeter wall).
blackdwarf
level2
level2

Postby blackdwarf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 pm

I had the Subsidence Event take out a section of Perimeter wall.
YMS
level1
level1

Re: Wiki verification [was: Random event "Water Pipe Bust"]

Postby YMS » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks for the answers so far. Let's extend this thread to verify more of the wiki's open topics, i.e. information marked with Verification Needed or similar.

1. Small Pipes: May the Water Pipe Burst event also burst small pipes? Did anyone ever experience this?
2. Phone Tap + Confidential Informants: Does using (having) these have any effect/benefit as long as I'm not checking the Informants view manually?
3. Prison Labour: "It is unknown whether this is a bug or not, but in Alpha 11, there appears to be a certain requirement for the number of prisoners you have in order to be assigned to work. For instance, you can schedule prisoners to the Laundry and Workshop right from the get go, but it appears you need more than 20 prisoners in your prison before prisoners can work in the cleaning cupboard, and more than 50+ to schedule prisoners to the Kitchen." Can someone confirm this? If so, is there a bug number for this?
4. Sandbox Mode: "The player starts with $30,000, 8 workmen, 100 Bricks, 100 Concrete, 80 Steel (used to build Foundations), 20 Electrical Cables, 20 Large Pipes, a Power Station, a Water Pump Station and a Capacitor." Can someone confirm these numbers? Are they alsways the same or maybe affected by some other parameters?
5. Tips: "Don't be stingy with hiring Workmen either! There comes a point where it takes so long for them to complete the project it's cheaper to just hire a few extra temporarily in order to get the job done. Not to mention the longer it takes the higher the chance a prisoner will steal one of the Workers tools and the next time you see it will be in the eye of an inmate." Can someone confirm that prisoners can steal tools from workmen?
6. Windows: Can someone confirm that large windows have a toughness value of 1? Does the toughness of windows matter in any way in the end?
7. .prison: (Various specific information tagged. Please edit the wiki yourself if you know more.)
8. Bench: "Make sure there're enough benches in canteen, or they start eating meal in cells or shower room." Can someone confirm this?
9. Dog Handlers: "Dog Handlers will use Dog Leash to stop fights. It is unknown if this is a bug or not." Can someone confirm they do? If so, does someone know if this is a bug? If so, is there a bug number?
10. Gardener: "Damaged tiles don't have any effect." Can someone confirm this? Or explain me what is meant by this ;)?
11. Kitchen: "If you dismantle Fridges containing ingredients, the ingredients won't be used anymore and no more will be delivered until you dump them." Can someone confirm this?
12. Laundry: "though no size is specified, there does seem to be a minimum size necessary to be able to deploy jobs" Can someone confirm this?
13. Emergency: Lockdown: "See the lockdown section for workarounds using "Door Mode: Locked Shut". It's unclear if this is buggy or intended behavior." Does someone know more?
14. Morgue: Bugs: "If a prisoner dies while he is to be punished, they will stay indefinitely on a Morgue Slab or the Hearse" Can someone confirm this? If so, is there a bug number for this?
15. Morgue: Bugs: "If you have a nonfunctional morgue and a hearse arrives it will not collect bodies or leave. Staying and blocking the road until the morgue is completed and the bodies are moved to it and then to the hearse." Can someone confirm this? If so, is there a bug number for this?
AdmiralObvious
level0

Postby AdmiralObvious » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:18 pm

YMS wrote:Thanks for the answers so far. Let's extend this thread to verify more of the wiki's open topics, i.e. information marked with Verification Needed or similar.

1. Small Pipes: May the Water Pipe Burst event also burst small pipes? Did anyone ever experience this?
2. Phone Tap + Confidential Informants: Does using (having) these have any effect/benefit as long as I'm not checking the Informants view manually?
3. Prison Labour: "It is unknown whether this is a bug or not, but in Alpha 11, there appears to be a certain requirement for the number of prisoners you have in order to be assigned to work. For instance, you can schedule prisoners to the Laundry and Workshop right from the get go, but it appears you need more than 20 prisoners in your prison before prisoners can work in the cleaning cupboard, and more than 50+ to schedule prisoners to the Kitchen." Can someone confirm this? If so, is there a bug number for this?
4. Sandbox Mode: "The player starts with $30,000, 8 workmen, 100 Bricks, 100 Concrete, 80 Steel (used to build Foundations), 20 Electrical Cables, 20 Large Pipes, a Power Station, a Water Pump Station and a Capacitor." Can someone confirm these numbers? Are they alsways the same or maybe affected by some other parameters?
5. Tips: "Don't be stingy with hiring Workmen either! There comes a point where it takes so long for them to complete the project it's cheaper to just hire a few extra temporarily in order to get the job done. Not to mention the longer it takes the higher the chance a prisoner will steal one of the Workers tools and the next time you see it will be in the eye of an inmate." Can someone confirm that prisoners can steal tools from workmen?
6. Windows: Can someone confirm that large windows have a toughness value of 1? Does the toughness of windows matter in any way in the end?
7. .prison: (Various specific information tagged. Please edit the wiki yourself if you know more.)
8. Bench: "Make sure there're enough benches in canteen, or they start eating meal in cells or shower room." Can someone confirm this?
9. Dog Handlers: "Dog Handlers will use Dog Leash to stop fights. It is unknown if this is a bug or not." Can someone confirm they do? If so, does someone know if this is a bug? If so, is there a bug number?
10. Gardener: "Damaged tiles don't have any effect." Can someone confirm this? Or explain me what is meant by this ;)?
11. Kitchen: "If you dismantle Fridges containing ingredients, the ingredients won't be used anymore and no more will be delivered until you dump them." Can someone confirm this?
12. Laundry: "though no size is specified, there does seem to be a minimum size necessary to be able to deploy jobs" Can someone confirm this?
13. Emergency: Lockdown: "See the lockdown section for workarounds using "Door Mode: Locked Shut". It's unclear if this is buggy or intended behavior." Does someone know more?
14. Morgue: Bugs: "If a prisoner dies while he is to be punished, they will stay indefinitely on a Morgue Slab or the Hearse" Can someone confirm this? If so, is there a bug number for this?
15. Morgue: Bugs: "If you have a nonfunctional morgue and a hearse arrives it will not collect bodies or leave. Staying and blocking the road until the morgue is completed and the bodies are moved to it and then to the hearse." Can someone confirm this? If so, is there a bug number for this?

1. So far I have yet to see a small pipe burst as a result of the current event system, only large pipes. I can't confirm or deny though.
2. Phone taps are only used while a prisoner is actively using a phone, so far, all it does is let you know where prisoners have objects arranged to he brought in by throwing over the walls.
3. Not sure, that was some time ago.
4. Yes, sandbox "infinite funds" mode gives you the usual things associated with a regular game, the only difference is that you can spend into the negative without concequence.
5. Prisoners can not steal tools from workmen. It hasn't ever happened. They might be able to steal contraband from boxes being moved by workmen, while they are moving. Can't 100% confirm, but it seems so.
6. I've never seen a prisoner attack a window, but in the files, it's true.
8. Prisoners will eat wherever they can get what is considered a chair, unless specifically prohibited by a staff only designation.
9. The dog leash is used to keep the dog from killing an unconscious prisoner, it won't stop prisoners from fighting, only the dog. A dog without a handler will keep attacking a prisoner till dead.
10. I think that is related to fire damage.
11. That bug has been fixed I think. The ingredients will be moved to another location if possible now.
12. It seems so, I believe the minimum is 3. One prisoner to gather the laundry, and two to work the laundry equipment.
13. Lock down used to break door locks, it shouldn't anymore.
14. Not sure. Never had it happen myself.
15. I think that was fixed in alpha 30, possibly 31 or 32.
Lexx2k
level1
level1

Postby Lexx2k » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:04 am

14. I had 4 gang members dead in my medical ward for a very long time. I fixed it with giving them (the dead bodies) a permanent punishment and then ended it again. The guards picked them up afterwards and transported them away. So yeah, looks like a bug to me.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Some new ones:

16. Contraband: Do Paramedics really carry Needles? (It's neither in materials.txt nor in the tooltip)
17. Contraband: Can someone tell (for sure) the use of Torches, Axes and Spades for prisoners?
18. Prisoner: Can someone confirm or deny the detailed numbers given in the Wikia wiki (http://prison-architect.wikia.com/wiki/Grading)?
19. Ingredients/Items: Can someone tell their price for sure. The wiki says $10, but materials.txt doesn't give a price for ingredients but for meals ($15). When I play with the meal quantity and quality, I'm not able to reconstruct the prices for ingredients. But maybe you are?
20a. Items: "Profit (ignoring labour costs) for selling a license plate: $10 - $10/2 = $15." Can someone confirm my calculation?
20b. Items: "Profit (ignoring labour costs) for selling a log (if trees are purchased and not taken from the map): $50 - $100/3 = $16." Can someone confirm my calculation?
20c. Items: "Profit (ignoring labour costs) for selling a superior bed (if made from trees which are purchased and not taken from the map): $400 - $100/2 = $350." Can someone confirm my calculation?
20d. Items: "Profit (ignoring labour costs) for selling wood (if made from trees which are purchased and not taken from the map): $50 - $100/12 = $42." Can someone confirm my calculation?
21. Main.dat: Does someone know the location of the main.dat file on a Linux stand-alone (non-Steam) installation?
22. Main.dat: Is it possible to add research in a mod now?
23. Shop Front: Is it possible to destroy it for prisoners (toughness 1)?

But I'm still looking for some more statements on these issues:

Return to “Community Members”