Not enough Legendary Prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

ble210
level1
level1

Not enough Legendary Prisoners

Postby ble210 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 pm

I have now had two prisons in a row with hundreds of inmates, and no Legendary prisoners. I get that they are supposed to be rare, but it is extreme to not get any. And considering that gang mechanics is largely reliant on them, the probability of getting Legendary prisoners really needs to be reworked.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: Not enough Legendary Prisoners

Postby Pogmothoin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Nope
ble210
level1
level1

Postby ble210 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Pogmothoin wrote:Nope

Nope as in- you agree, we don't have enough Legendaries? Or nope as in- you don't agree?
itsab1981
level0

Postby itsab1981 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Well I have a prison with 250 inmates and i dont think that there should be more legendary prisoners, since they really are a pain in the ass.
Nevertheless I play since ten hours with ne new alpha, had about 15 legendary prisoners and NONE of them was a gang member e,g. gang boss.
I wanted to test the new feature but so far I was not lucky... maybe the gang boss feature should not be connected to the legendary prisoner status...
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah I could handle the legendary prison drop rate being increased. At the moment the ratio is pretty low - it makes having a dedicated area for the worst prisoners (the reason that I thought they were created) highly unnecessary and massively un cost effective. I made a 500 pop with a 50 man Supermax wing. Currently with the prison full it's got about 2 guys in it - I ended up just sending gangbers their (which it turns out, completely breaks them). I could handle getting one every 20 or so maxsec guys. Currently it feels more like one in 100. That doesn't even take into account gang leaders.
fresh meat
level1
level1

Postby fresh meat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:03 pm

i think there should be an intake option for supermax prisoners. those supermax would have more traits but can only be intook(?) at a slower rate ie. 10-20 per day with a total maximum pool size of 50
ble210
level1
level1

Postby ble210 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah- I think the Lendary ratio should be increased at least a bit (going through 700 prisoners and getting no Legendaries is pretty lame). Furthermore, the gang-leader having to be a legendary should be reworked, as of now none of my gangs have a leader (and honestly- I don't expect them ever to get one). I would like to maybe have an interim gang-leader that doesn't have to be a legendary, and will be replaced by a legendary when (more like, if) they arrive. (It would also be cool if they fought the interim-leader for the post of leadership).
rabid squirrel
level1
level1

Postby rabid squirrel » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 am

The original issue is the lack of gang leaders, not legendary prisoners.

I think a better solution is for gangs to choose a leader after gaining 10 members the same way they choose lieutenants. Then if a legendary (more badass) gang member show up later, he can replace the existing leader.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:23 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:The original issue is the lack of gang leaders, not legendary prisoners.

But its not.

ble210 wrote:I have now had two prisons in a row with hundreds of inmates, and no Legendary prisoners. I get that they are supposed to be rare, but it is extreme to not get any.

Its just a secondary part of the issue. Legendary prisoners are already what I would say is a too low of a chance to get. This also means that gang leaders, which are only legendary, are even rarer still. I can take in a couple of hundred prisoners, and only 1 or 2 might be worthy of supermax, hardly worthy of anything dedicated. While I'm not suggesting we get over run with murderers again, I would like the drop rate increased, or even a separate slider so you could intentionally take in Supermax (with or without supermax worthy littered in max sec). I mean we have one for death row, so I dont see why we couldn't intend to intake supermax.

To address the second issue: gang leader drop rates relying on a slight chance of a slight chance. Would it be possible for 'Gang Leader' instead of being a sub-trait closer to for example 'Deadly', instead be a heading on par with and a replacement for 'Legendary'? Doesn't being a gang leader imply some badassery on it own? This would mean that gang leaders could have a chance drop all of their own, instead of relying on a legendary drop. This could even be related to a floating 'required gang strength' scale meaning it wouldn't be likely to get a gang leader early, if a slow burn game is what the developers intended.

Also, finally I think some of this problem could be mitigated with prisoners aging and dying both of age and illness - currently intake levels are relatively low because prisons fill up, and then there is only the trickle of paroles and the occasional release (which, in them selves, are also low, especially if you are trying to get gangs due to the abundance of close-to-if-not-lifers in maxsec). Having another avenue of prisoner.... lets say, 'outgoings', even if only a slight one in the mid to late game.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Honestly Legendary Prisoners are a mess... it is like having a supervillain in your prison. If they got rid of them, I would not mind.

What I do mind is that all my gangs are leaderless because the legendaries are so rare... and at least in my past prisons when they did show up they where like a juggernaut of trouble that you had to micromanage.

Return to “Community Members”