How to view and edit your Name In The Game

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

HatakeSage
level0

Re: How to view and edit your Name In The Game

Postby HatakeSage » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:31 am

What I found out was that even after the update sometimes your name doesnt get included right away.
Wait a few updates and then email them, they told me.
Supernova792
level0

Postby Supernova792 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Just bought Prison architect and created my bio!
lilboa
level0

Postby lilboa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 am

How to get the prison who I named?
And I wanna to be a Legendary prison, could you please add this choice in edit page?
seansshow
level0

Postby seansshow » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Noticed my name wasn't in the game after the alpha update despite being approved.

I see it's now not even shown on any of the listings for prisoners either. Anyone with any experience in this know if that's the norm.
steviebuk
level2
level2

Postby steviebuk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:52 pm

seansshow wrote:Noticed my name wasn't in the game after the alpha update despite being approved.

I see it's now not even shown on any of the listings for prisoners either. Anyone with any experience in this know if that's the norm.

Don't hold your breath. Despite paying for it at the beginning of the funding campaign, despite waiting 2 years 10 months for a confirmation e-mail for my bio, despite it stating it would be in next Alpha (Alpha 35) it still isn't there.
Rhadamanthys
level0

Postby Rhadamanthys » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:38 pm

I couldn't really find sufficient info on how our biographies tie in with the convictions listed in the prisoner profile. Haven't played the game yet, so I dunno how it's implemented. I watched the alpha 7 vid and it seems that the convictions and jail terms are randomly generated, and thus will match the prisoner bio only by coincidence. I've seen a couple of bios on the approved list that kinda go like "sentenced to life" or "sentenced for doing x". I think this mismatch of background kinda lowers immersion.

Am I right with the above? It's not a big deal, but I'm waiting with entering my bio till I have more info on that so I can write it accordingly.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 pm

steviebuk wrote:
seansshow wrote:Noticed my name wasn't in the game after the alpha update despite being approved.

Don't hold your breath. Despite paying for it at the beginning of the funding campaign, despite waiting 2 years 10 months for a confirmation e-mail for my bio, despite it stating it would be in next Alpha (Alpha 35) it still isn't there.

You should try to contact IV directly, via their Support Page. Given that the process of getting a name in the game is largely automatic, but does require a rubber stamp somewhere along the line, it is possible that you just got overlooked and lost in the process. If you want the problem rectified, complaining on the forums is not likely to help.

Rhadamanthys wrote:I couldn't really find sufficient info on how our biographies tie in with the convictions listed in the prisoner profile. Haven't played the game yet, so I dunno how it's implemented. I watched the alpha 7 vid and it seems that the convictions and jail terms are randomly generated, and thus will match the prisoner bio only by coincidence. I've seen a couple of bios on the approved list that kinda go like "sentenced to life" or "sentenced for doing x". I think this mismatch of background kinda lowers immersion.

Am I right with the above? It's not a big deal, but I'm waiting with entering my bio till I have more info on that so I can write it accordingly.

The biography that you write has absolutely no influence on the crimes that your prisoner will have attributed to them in the game (as you note, rap sheets are generated randomly). My advice would be to write a bio that doesn't mention specific crimes.

xander
rgargvanshu
level1
level1

Re:

Postby rgargvanshu » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Exportforce wrote:Is it possible to add more than one Name ?

NOPE!
xander
level5
level5

Re: Re:

Postby xander » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:08 pm

rgargvanshu wrote:

NOPE!

Sure it is; you just have to pay for it. :P

xander
cookieIGI
level0

Postby cookieIGI » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:14 am

I just added a first new BIO to the game, as I have read this Alpha is the last and there will be a final release in OCT, after that will I still able to edit my BIO and will it definitely show up in the game?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:38 pm

cookieIGI wrote:I just added a first new BIO to the game, as I have read this Alpha is the last and there will be a final release in OCT, after that will I still able to edit my BIO and will it definitely show up in the game?

I don't know that anyone here can give you a definite answer, but I would suspect that as long as it is possible to *edit* biographies, IV will make an effort to *include* those biographies. One would *hope* that they would close down the name-in-game editor once they have decided that they are not going to include updates.

xander
DocTolly
level0

Postby DocTolly » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:30 pm

I just realised I own a "name in the game" edition. How can I add my name / bio?
AjiKhoiri
level0

Postby AjiKhoiri » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:15 am

I cant add my name in game although I have bought it before. and I cant login to this page http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/ anyone can help me. I reallly do want my name in game
rgargvanshu
level1
level1

Re:

Postby rgargvanshu » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:10 pm

nope
xander
level5
level5

Re: Re:

Postby xander » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:43 pm

rgargvanshu wrote:

nope

You said that before, and, as I said, sure it is. You just have to pay for it again. Do we need to go around again?

xander

Return to “Community Members”