[Suggestion] Cell Grading Average Based Off Security Levels

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Vilobion
level0

[Suggestion] Cell Grading Average Based Off Security Levels

Postby Vilobion » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:38 pm

As it is right now, Cell Grade averages are prison wide, with no distinction between the cells for Min/Med/Max Security, Death Row, Protective Custody or Supermax. I think averages should be calculated against cells with the same security level deployment- or possibly against the cells inhabited by prisoners of the same security level.
Jackinator
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Cell Grading Average Based Off Security Lev

Postby Jackinator » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:54 pm

+1
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am

That would make more sense, I'm not sure I like the current system, it forces you to try to put the worst behaved prisoners in the best and biggest cells in order to try appease them. If you don't they just become more of a pain in the butt.

Before cell averages I never had any cells less than 2x3, now I have to build lots of grade 0 cells just to keep averages down. Otherwise I have to have minimum of grade 2 cells for everyone, which is more items to search in a shakedown (2,000 items takes my guards about 2 days to search)

Also my death row only has 6 x grade 4 cells, my guards don't seem to want to put inmates in them, I have to manually assign a death row person to them. Grade 4 is the minimum you need to keep them happy, (phone/tv/prayermat/weights/toilet/shower/bed) which covers every need except freedom and literacy. Currently there is no way to give death row those 2 needs.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 am

The problem is, like most if not all current games, full AI is not implemented in the sense of training. Or in other words the agents (prisoners in this case) adapting behaviour with regard to promises and threats for the future, or past experiences. Current games' AI only ever seems to be conditioned by the present.
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:39 pm

There seems to be an over arching problem with ignoring security levels in the AI. Have you noticed that the parole rooms also ignore security levels? I've seen min sec prisoners dragged over to max sec for parole, and I've seen death row prisoners getting taken completely out of my self sufficient death row wing, and taken to the opposite end of my 500+ inmate prison, past their own death row parole room, to min sec for a parole meeting.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 am

@MMZ

You've assigned the wrong room for death row appeal then, death row, don't get parole. They only get to appeal their conviction, in the room you assigned the program, go to programs>edit schedule> scroll along to parole rooms, and ensure the death row appeal is in the parole room assigned for death row. And yes, atm the parole room ignores security designations, because a guard can take them. I have my death row parole room in death row, and it's the only place they can go for an appeal, once or twice a day is enough, since each prisoner can only appeal every 4 days. I do also have the death row parole room doing normal paroles for other prisoners as well. It's also a good idea to have a small holding cell for death row in the same place.

On a note about death row appeal, nearly all of the inmates on death row get off, I've only managed to fry a few people on death row that have made it to 0%, cos I like to give them a chance to exhaust their appeals. My point being that it's pretty rare that someone gets off death row in the real world, and that doesn't appear to be the case in this system, it's the opposite, it's pretty rare that someone doesn't get off. I currently have 1 person on death row with 0%, the last 6 are now in MAX sec because appeals succeeded, the poor guy has seen these people come and go. I'm not sure which is better off though, since the guys that get off usually have a minimum of 75-100 years still to serve.
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Pogmothoin wrote:@MMZ

You've assigned the wrong room for death row appeal then, death row, don't get parole. They only get to appeal their conviction, in the room you assigned the program, go to programs>edit schedule> scroll along to parole rooms, and ensure the death row appeal is in the parole room assigned for death row. And yes, atm the parole room ignores security designations, because a guard can take them. I have my death row parole room in death row, and it's the only place they can go for an appeal, once or twice a day is enough, since each prisoner can only appeal every 4 days. I do also have the death row parole room doing normal paroles for other prisoners as well. It's also a good idea to have a small holding cell for death row in the same place.

Nope. I made sure that the death row appeal parole room was definitely within the Death Row wing. I checked it on the programs tab (by mousing over the scheduled parole time slots) when I built them to specifically try and avoid this.

I also have holding cells for each security level to avoid the cell grading issue.

Return to “Community Members”