General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

SirMaximus
level0

Cooks dont cook, tried everything

Postby SirMaximus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi,
my cooks just stoped cooking.
Everything is connected, there are some cooks, fridges and so on.
Also connected with power and water.
They got food in the fridges and everything should work.
The kitchen ist connected to the cantine.
Tried to move kitchen, move cantine, fired cooks, hired new ones,
i dunno what else to do, it fucks me up.
Here some screenshots plz help.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/theMacMaff ... pid=233450
PantsFreeZone
level1
level1

Re: Cooks dont cook, tried everything

Postby PantsFreeZone » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm not sure you can spread the Canteen across a closed off wall like that. Might try making it two separate canteens.
maxbrad124
level1
level1

Postby maxbrad124 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:31 pm

I can see straight away that your cells are not connected to the Canteen. The demand is at 0, this is why the cooks aren't cooking.
SirMaximus
level0

Postby SirMaximus » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:43 pm

maxbrad124 wrote:I can see straight away that your cells are not connected to the Canteen. The demand is at 0, this is why the cooks aren't cooking.

how do i change this?
i tried to pull the red line in "logistics" from the cells to the canteen/kitchen but it didnt work
maxbrad124
level1
level1

Postby maxbrad124 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 am

It could be a number of things, can you post another screenshot of your current logistics connections please? It's the easiest way to diagnose problems. :)
Leto2626
level1
level1

Postby Leto2626 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:09 pm

I think this actually belongs to the other forum?

Anyways I've posted a solution to (possibly) this problem in the other forum. I'll paste it below :

I've spent a few hours figuring this out. Reloading after reloading. I've had this happen with my 3rd and 4th kitchen I built.

The problem for me was the trays. For some reason (has to be a bug) new trays don't come with any of the kitchen equipment after you already have like a kitchen or 2 running. The thing that solved it was connect another kitchen to the new kitchen, and it has to be in that order. One of the shifts later some cook will bring plates to that kitchen from the other kitchen and then they start eating.

Also I notice that the plates are unevenly distributed among all my kitchens, one has literally piles and piles of dirty and clean trays, while another (which about as many cooked meals) has only a few piles of clean ones. For a test I've connected every kitchen to every other both ways and the distribution stays the same.

A second issue could be that the ingredients dont get to your kitchen because your delivery zone is too small, and with the current mail bug that can happen fast, for now don't place a mail room.

Return to “General”