General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

xander
level5
level5

Re: Can't play game properly annoyed!

Postby xander » Sun May 17, 2015 10:12 pm

ladyterra wrote:--==<snip>==--

I am trying to help, which is more than anyone else (including you) is bothering to do.

xander
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Xander don't bother. I'd rather have a broken game than talk to you. First of all I am a medical student, so don't talk to me about patients and doctors and how patients should feel and what they should ask and what they shouldn't. So stop taking my point out of context because you'll make yourself look like a fool if you try to argue with me about that category. Secondly you don't have to be a computer wizard to buy a custom laptop, maybe i just bought one because it is better value for money than buying one from a generic PC shop and i don't like to feel like i am throwing away my money for a piece of sub-quality hardware.

Also if you can't understand why i am frustrated then how would you like to try be in my shoes were you can't solve something and you have very limited knowledge on computers and all you have is a self-righteous, ignorant person such as yourself taking any opportunity to ridicule someone who is asking for your assistance as someone who has bought a game with very limited trouble shooting assistance.

Also i did google and sort out them problems that you ridiculed me on absurdly. I just thought that perhaps you would be able to help me out since you seem to know so much. There is a difference between a game being in alpha and having a few bugs to having a game in alpha that isn't working for anyone with the newest version of the NVidia Geforce driver.

Furthermore i can drive a car with a manual transmission, as a number of other people can. However does that mean that they should buy a car because they don't know what size engine they have (CPU) or whether or not they have a Rear wheel drive or front wheel driver car. No it doesn't, some people do however learn a lot about cars and they may eventually one day become mechanics so that they can help other people with their cars. But what you're saying is that i should attempt to build my knowledge of computers to a point where i can diagnose the problem myself which is absurd. The whole point of forums for bugs is that if you don't know what is wrong someone else can help you.
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Also you have offered absolutely no ideas par one about what might be wrong with it, you have offered no possible ways for me to fix this or to investigate it further. All you've done is sat there and complained about the way I've described something.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 pm

--==<snip>==--

xander

EDIT: This was unnecessary.
Last edited by xander on Mon May 18, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm

that's quite ironic, as i would have said that the effect was more of an apt description of yourself. Since as i am the one here asking for help hence showing that i am unskilled in the category and i have given no illusion as to me knowing what is wrong with the game. Whereas yourself have acted like you know everything about computers yet given no physically useful help, hence rendering yourself obsolete in this problem. Anyways goodbye and thanks for the lack of help :)
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Don't worry about it KyleHallas,

Xanders been rubbing people up the wrong way for years...lol...
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 pm

ladyterra wrote:you know, I am having an issue with Prison Architect. I am highly experienced with computers and programs. I run a business on this type of thing. When I see someone treating customers so badly, and the person is not even in the company, it makes me think I should get my money back. Xander, I don't know who you are, but you need to take a step back. You are acting as the voice of the developer when (as far as I can tell) you aren't at all connected. You are extremely rude. If you don't wish to help folks, if you don't have the patience for inexperienced users, then don't. Ignore the requests.

Wrong again.

The OP and others essentially came to a User's forum and asked for help in the most unhelpful and entitled way. They offer little more than "it dun werk" and expect others to snap to, read their mind, and tell them how to fix their problem.

It doesn't happen that way, ever.

Good luck getting your money back because someone unrelated to the company came up short with a person that was being belligerent on the internet.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Kylehallas69: I apologize for my previous comment---it was not necessary.

That being said, you seem have come to the forum looking for help, but you have provided very little information that would help me (or anyone else) diagnose the problem. As I said above, based on your screenshots, I suspect that it is a driver issue. Since I am neither telepathic nor sitting in front of your computer, and since you haven't answered any questions regarding what hardware and software you are running (hint: Google can help), there is nothing else I can do to help (indeed, there is likely nothing that anyone else can do).

xander
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Xander it's fine i don't hold grudges. Yes you are right i have been vague but not because i do it for the fun of it. It's because i am not aware of half the things that you're asking for me to tell you.

I also believe it's a driver issue however there's not a lot that i, or you guys can really do about this as it's most likely a problem with the compatibility of Prison Architect with my graphics card and its driver. Realistically i'm going to have to wait until Prison Architect can patch this over or Nvidia sort it out.
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:51 pm

MMZ i wasn't being belligerent at all, that is not my aim. My aim is to get my game to work, so may you please offer some possible ideas or ways for me to give you the information you need instead of offering a warped running commentary on this thread.
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Mon May 18, 2015 5:15 pm

Kylehallas69 wrote:MMZ i wasn't being belligerent at all, that is not my aim. My aim is to get my game to work, so may you please offer some possible ideas or ways for me to give you the information you need instead of offering a warped running commentary on this thread.

Here is your post:

Kylehallas69 wrote:I have recently bought prison architect having seen others on youtube play it. However when i open the game i can't scroll left and right with either A or D or Left or Right. I can only scroll up or down. Also when i press escape to open the menu it's mega zoomed in to the point where i can't see any of the menu options and none of the options i click on work in the game such as materials etc. Just a note using q and e to zoom in and out doesn't solve the problem at all. buying a useless game, good one guys....

It started off right with describing the problem in detail. Where it went wrong was the very thinly veiled jab at the developers (buying a useless game, good one guys), and a complete lack of specifications for your computer. Then when asked, you don't provide the most important piece of information, your OS. When you finally do provide it, you also insult the people trying to assist you (Stop clutching at straws.) which is known as biting the hand that feeds you. Not a warped commentary at all.

I have run into the problem you describe on a Windows 8.1 device, but I'll be damned if I offer support to someone only interested in spilling angst all over the people trying to help.
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 pm

MMZ i'm not too bothered if you help me, because if you did know the problem as previously described then you would have said that before.
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 pm

I accept that you guys are angry at me, but if you do ever feel like you can help me feel free to come back with assistance
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Mon May 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Kylehallas69 wrote:MMZ i'm not too bothered if you help me, because if you did know the problem as previously described then you would have said that before.

I certainly would have, had I had all the pieces of the puzzle. But apparently you didn't want to share, so I didn't see why I should either.

I'll give you a hint at an easy work around though. There is a file you could manually edit to make the game work. You don't even have to be a "computer wizard" to do it either.
Kylehallas69
level1
level1

Postby Kylehallas69 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 pm

please say then.

Return to “General”