[SUGGESTION]Second road or road control

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Zombi3HeroBrin3
level1
level1

[SUGGESTION]Second road or road control

Postby Zombi3HeroBrin3 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:27 am

I was just sitting around watching my prison burn during a riot and then i thought hey why don't my hearses clear up for the riot police and firetrucks!Then it hit me, an alternate road for the riot police, firetrucks, and ambulances.So i loaded up a new prison and built one. What i didn't know was this doesn't work, so i think there you should have the ability to build a second road and you can control what can use that road (ex: riot police and ambulance or hearses and delivery trucks.Or maybe you could add a "parking lot" for trucks and stuff to wait or a pull over system where vehicles move out of the way for ambulances,firetrucks, and riot police.

weird glitch i found with prisoners destroying stuff, they destroy vehicles and the workmen CARRY THE CARS back to where they were and fix them but they're on the side of the road.
Last edited by Zombi3HeroBrin3 on Thu May 14, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
daniboy9992
level0

Re: Second road or road control

Postby daniboy9992 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:54 am

I reckon that would be pretty cool to have a road going through the inside of your prison to deliver prisoners and also, like you said, make any of the trucks that are in the way of the emergency services pull over to the side of the road so they can get through. Also it would be cool to see that when a riot starts and there are over 100 prisoners rioting the army could bring in tanks or like set up a camp at the front of the prison and if any of the prisoners go to escape the army mows them down. Also it would be cool to see a police car come to the prison and take the warden away with a few armed guards.
metalbunny
level1
level1

Postby metalbunny » Sun May 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Tanks are long-range siege vehicles or anti-tank cannons, depending on model... what on earth would be the point in bringing them to a prison? Sure a 250 mm projectile can make a few prisoners go splat if you can hit them, but you'd also have massive collateral damage. Thus you don't use them against people.

But when it comes to riots I just click FreeFire and the riot is over before the riot guys show up. Only time I ever used the riot guys was when I forgot to pause the game while I went to the bathroom and came back to a riot and 30 dead guards.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sun May 10, 2015 7:20 pm

metalbunny wrote:Tanks are long-range siege vehicles or anti-tank cannons, depending on model.

Not really - we use MBT's now - they are pretty much allrounders - tho given they are exceptional at range - but I could defs see other armoured vehicles being used - APC's with water cannons springs to mind
metalbunny
level1
level1

Postby metalbunny » Tue May 12, 2015 4:43 pm

5hifty wrote:
metalbunny wrote:Tanks are long-range siege vehicles or anti-tank cannons, depending on model.

Not really - we use MBT's now - they are pretty much allrounders - tho given they are exceptional at range - but I could defs see other armoured vehicles being used - APC's with water cannons springs to mind

I'll admit, my knowledge of tanks is mostly limited to WoT, but you still would never drive tanks in to take down a prison riot. Watered APCs maybe, but the riot is still inside the prison, not on the fields in front of it. Criminals or not, you do not turn the military on your own population.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue May 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Ever heard of Waco? Or like... Just the news recently? Also have you SEEN the military presence in the (US) police force? They get armoured combat vehicles surplus from the military. Just a tic - I'm gunna find that video from a police website that has them doing doughnuts in an APC to Slayer.

Edit: ok it's like 3am and I'm doing this on an iphone so I can find that specific video, but just like.. Google police tank, or militarization of police force.

Doubleplusedit: ok it turns out that someone added the slayer music afterwards - http://www.cbs46.com/story/26284285/dor ... -speak-out
But that thing those cops with automatic rifles are pouring outa? That's a tank.
metalbunny
level1
level1

Postby metalbunny » Tue May 12, 2015 5:25 pm

In most the world, the military is not allowed to act as law enforcement, simply because it's not their job.

EDIT: Well, not "simply", but it's their job to defend a country, not to start a civil war.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue May 12, 2015 5:53 pm

If cops are trained by by the military and armed and equipped by the military, what's the difference?
Zombi3HeroBrin3
level1
level1

Re: [SUGGESTION]Second road or road control

Postby Zombi3HeroBrin3 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:41 am

and what do tanks coming to destroy a prison have to do with workmen carry delivery trucks?!
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Thu May 14, 2015 2:50 am

I dunno. But seeing workmen carrying delivery trucks would be pretty funny.

The second road/alternative vehicle route/ability to make the road yourself feature request comes up pretty regularly.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:23 am

I would really hope eventually we'll be able to design the whole map layout!

It annoys me that my starting point is always the same and restricts my design layouts due my own obsession with symmetry. :|

*Crosses fingers*
Zombi3HeroBrin3
level1
level1

Postby Zombi3HeroBrin3 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:18 am

5hifty wrote:I dunno. But seeing workmen carrying delivery trucks would be pretty funny.

The second road/alternative vehicle route/ability to make the road yourself feature request comes up pretty regularly.

then let your prisoners riot by your road
boeli
level0

Postby boeli » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:55 am

or some sort of parking lot/loading and unloading dock so that multiple vehicles can be serviced simultaniously and not all are waiting for that one scared workman trying to bring in that last piece of garbage(or export) from the far end of your prison to the truck, before it drives away and clears the cue
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:27 am

Ric666 wrote:I would really hope eventually we'll be able to design the whole map layout!

It annoys me that my starting point is always the same and restricts my design layouts due my own obsession with symmetry. :|

*Crosses fingers*

If it is symmetry you want - maybe option is to have the road go left to right instead of up to down..
FatFreddy01
level0

Postby FatFreddy01 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 pm

metalbunny wrote:In most the world, the military is not allowed to act as law enforcement, simply because it's not their job.

EDIT: Well, not "simply", but it's their job to defend a country, not to start a civil war.

The National Guard gets called out in really bad Prison Riots, at the State Governor's discretion.

Return to “Community Members”