holding cells no longer useless

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

cardminator
level0

holding cells no longer useless

Postby cardminator » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:49 am

hey got idea that holding cells are no longer useless.why don't u use them as part of the chain for reception or if there too many prisoners to process that they can be hold in the holding cell waiting to be processed
hwseps
level0

Re: holding cells no longer useless

Postby hwseps » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:38 am

Thanks for the idea!
katan_bartak
level0

Postby katan_bartak » Wed May 13, 2015 10:26 pm

I can see where playing with unlimited funds would remove the need for holding cells, and that being able to turn off intake reduces the need, but i don't see why you call them useless. I use holding cells plenty for dealing with prisoner population while generating the income base i need.
foreverska
level0

Postby foreverska » Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 am

I almost never use mine. Finally in this prison I gutted it to expand visitation and then turned the rest into 1x1 solitaries. I just found a sweet spot for intake/outbound and keep one eye on my counts every day after intake. Never use holding.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Never really ever use a holding cell myself. If it wasn't for the basic detention centre grant, I would probably forget about it completely..lol...

Although I do have one in my current prison(forgot to convert it into something more usefull) and it has helped twice so I'll hold onto it :)
Hecthor Doomhammer
level1
level1

Postby Hecthor Doomhammer » Thu May 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Put in a couple of beds and the amount of beds you put in will equal the amount of EXTRA prisoners you can take in without them having seperate cells. The beds mean they get to sleep thus that particular need will be met. The fact it requires a toilet means those needs get met, and just put a showerhead and a drain in and their hygene will be met.

It's never been useless, but it isn't obvious that the holding cell can be used as a multi prisoner cell
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Thu May 14, 2015 10:15 pm

I actually don't mind using holding cells, especially for low security prisoners. They take up a little less space than regular sized cells (and they would take up less if I wasn't so picky about placing objects apart from each other), and prisoners can usually get over the privacy need so long as you're meeting the rest of their needs. I can't confirm this, but it also doesn't seem like prisoners tunnel in holding cells. 66 days into one of my prisons and it appears that no one has tried to tunnel out of them yet.

Return to “General”