Half-Life themed mod: Is it okay?

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Spike-Bozzled
level0

Half-Life themed mod: Is it okay?

Postby Spike-Bozzled » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 am

I was thinking about making a Half-Life 2 themed conversion for Prison Architect, and I have some neat ideas on how to implement some things. I've been messing with some of the innerworkings of PA for the last few days now, I was wondering if Valve would have a problem with this? I only ask because, evidently, there was already a Combine Architect mod on the Workshop that has completely disappeared from the face of the Earth. I'd hate to do a lot of work, only to have my mod removed, or ordered to cease and desist.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Half-Life themed mod: Is it okay?

Postby xander » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:17 am

Given that this is Introversion's forum and not Valve's, I don't know that you are likely to get an informed answer here. You are likely better off contacting Valve. Indeed, your best option is probably to email them directly.

xander
Sumurai8
level2
level2

Postby Sumurai8 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:43 am

Half Life is under the umbrella of Valve. You should contact Valve's legal department to ask permission, or just "do it" and hope they don't mind.
Turtle_Sandwich
level1
level1

Postby Turtle_Sandwich » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Its a mod, and unless you completely copy Valves work, then no. Plus there is already a Half-Life mod out there.

Return to “Modding”