Pastafarianism not represented in the game. FIX PLS!!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

5hifty
level4
level4

Re: Pastafarianism not represented in the game. FIX PLS!!

Postby 5hifty » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:34 am

*sigh* mate it's obvious as hell. There is a million reasons why people aren't taking this serious, which, if you were actually serious you would plainly see the reasoning behind. Instead, you choose to stick to your guns like a zealot about a religion that was created to be a parody of religions - something everyone and anybody who knows about the religion knows. The entire point of the pasta monster if to tounge-in-cheek point out the flaws, inconsistency and fantisys of other established religions. Now I see the angle in your 'logic' in taking this argument to the extreme and having a zealot pasta monster follower, but your delivery is 100% over the top and unconvincing. You may as well be tryin to make the same hard line agrumebt about havin Jedis represented - sure you can claim it as a religion, but the vast majority of people that do are doing it as a 'protest' or a joke, or simply to be different - they don't honestly believe in Jedis - and if they believe in it at all, it's the philosophy that they agree with, not the existence of microorganisms in the body that let you choke people with your mind.
andrehsu
level1
level1

Postby andrehsu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:55 am

First off, disregarding the frequent spelling mistakes and the confusing grammatical structure, what others do with my religion does not change my stance. "Vast majority" of something doesn't make anything become real. States and government officials recognize pastafarian as a real religion, why wouldn't Introversion or the general public. And what astounds me is that you are stating that pastafarian is "made up". Whats to say that your word is stronger than my. Be wearily of Argumentum ad Populum.

May our God bless the believers and curse the non believers, for they have committed a sin.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:06 pm

andrehsu wrote:First off, disregarding the frequent spelling mistakes and the confusing grammatical structure, what others do with my religion does not change my stance. "Vast majority" of something doesn't make anything become real. States and government officials recognize pastafarian as a real religion, why wouldn't Introversion or the general public. And what astounds me is that you are stating that pastafarian is "made up". Whats to say that your word is stronger than my. Be wearily of Argumentum ad Populum.

May our God bless the believers and curse the non believers, for they have committed a sin.

Since you seem not to be in on the joke and actually want to be taken seriously, two comments:
  1. Religious zealots of any stripe are obnoxious. The Christians that told you to zip it because "Pastafarianism is not a real religion!" are assholes; Mormons that knock on my door to prostitute their brand of crazy are annoying as all hell; and Pastafarians that condemn those that disagree with them as sinners are no better. If you want to be taken seriously, stop acting like a fucking zealot.
  2. There are literally (not figuratively, but literally) thousands of religions in the world. Prison Architect manages to represent two or three of them in extremely broad strokes (all of Christianity in one big lump; all of Islam in another). If someone had started a thread that said "Hey, I'm Hopi and I would like to see a kiva in the game to represent my religion," the reaction likely would have been quite similar: a few off-topic jokes, a couple of bigoted comments, a suggestion that it could be modded in, and not much else. You were/are not being treated any differently than any minority adherent would be. Get over it.

xander
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Respect is a two way street and regardless of how many people feel that Pastafarianism is "made up" I would posit that every religion is "made up". It's just that other religions have more people to scream "no it isn't!!!".

Respect is not given, it is earned. It is much like growing a crop. You sow respect; you get respect. No religion is any more valid or any less made up than any other. Some people in this thread would do well to remember this.

Failing to respect Pastafarianism is falling into religion's greatest failing: divisiveness and intolerance.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:08 pm

MMZ>Torak wrote:Respect is a two way street and regardless of how many people feel that Pastafarianism is "made up" I would posit that every religion is "made up". It's just that other religions have more people to scream "no it isn't!!!".

Respect is not given, it is earned. It is much like growing a crop. You sow respect; you get respect. No religion is any more valid or any less made up than any other. Some people in this thread would do well to remember this.

Failing to respect Pastafarianism is falling into religion's greatest failing: divisiveness and intolerance.

somehow, respect works a bit different. Guess who would get more respect in the following:
- People who claim 1 + 1 = 2
- People who claim 1 + 1 = 3
- People who claim the answer doesnt matter, but how you feel about the answer you came up with.
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Threehorns wrote:
MMZ>Torak wrote:Respect is a two way street and regardless of how many people feel that Pastafarianism is "made up" I would posit that every religion is "made up". It's just that other religions have more people to scream "no it isn't!!!".

somehow, respect works a bit different. Guess who would get more respect in the following:
- People who claim 1 + 1 = 2
- People who claim 1 + 1 = 3
- People who claim the answer doesnt matter, but how you feel about the answer you came up with.

You are comparing concrete facts with abstract beliefs. It doesn't work that way. No religion is based on fact, they are all belief systems; which is why faith is so important. No religion is more or less valid than any other. Mathematical equations can't be compared to religious beliefs.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:31 am

MMZ>Torak wrote:You are comparing concrete facts with abstract beliefs. It doesn't work that way. No religion is based on fact, they are all belief systems; which is why faith is so important. No religion is more or less valid than any other. Mathematical equations can't be compared to religious beliefs.

In short, option 3
People who claim the answer doesnt matter, but how you feel about the answer you came up with.

note though, that religion isn't about silliness. Its an educated attempt at getting the 1 + 1 = 2 right on a social level. The better it works, the more people will be drawn to it. And one of the things required seems to be to counter-vote any religion by joining an opposing religion.
In other words: Pastafarian doesn't work, unless its either a counter-vote or an improvement. .... With only 2 religions the choose from, a counter-vote religion would be okay to have. So you can say: I'm neither of the current main religions and I really don't like to be forced to choose either.

Pasta ... Peace.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 pm

I haven't read the whole topic (sorry), so if someone said something like me, just ignore my post :D

Let's see it from the developers side:
- How many religions are out there? Let's check wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions)
- I stopped counting at 100, so there are way more than 100 religions.

We need 5 sprites per religion (4 sprites for the preacher heads and one for the placeable item). So I think they really should stopp adding features and improvements to the game and start to add all possible religions to the game. No religion of the world should be discriminated in this (very spirituality focussed) game. Let's add countless junk to the game which doesn't improve the game mechanics!
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:53 am

Hi Chad,

Not to worry, you get your voice heard in this topic!!!
First off all, welcome to the Pastafarian fanclub where you can speak your mind freely. You're not the first to enjoy a hearty discussion about a topic often shunned.
Each suggestion of yours which contributes to increasing the Pastafarian religion will be accepted without any 2nd thoughts. And my first thought about having hundreds join the Pastafarians, all with different backgrounds and beliefs, was met with joy and tears in my eyes: :D :cry:

I'm glad that you admitted that next to the two mainstream religions, that there is plenty of room for more off-stream religions and that all it required was a modification of 5 or 10 sprites for a complement of Pastafarianastic expansive troupe.

Maybe others might have suggestions as well or maybe ... even the inspiration to let us all bask in the radiance of Pasta.

Pasta ... Peace!!!
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:48 am

322 prisoners in a single canteen .... they agree with Pastafarianism.

andrehsu
level1
level1

Postby andrehsu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:40 am

It looks like we have more people to scream no.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:28 am

These two went totally for the Pastafarianism.

5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:40 am

andrehsu wrote:It looks like we have more people to scream no.

It would be a lot more convincing if you adhered to any of the philosophy's of the religion your fighting for.
andrehsu
level1
level1

Postby andrehsu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:23 pm

There are multiple interpretations. Like every other religion. Nothing Different
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:50 pm

5hifty wrote:
andrehsu wrote:It looks like we have more people to scream no.

It would be a lot more convincing if you adhered to any of the philosophy's of the religion your fighting for.

ah, but you are interpreting the message based on your religion.
Why don't we start with that, you tell me your interpretation within your religion, followed by your interpretation as fitting within Pastafarianism.
Its Always important to understand there are two views and from your religion's dictation, the actual 2nd view might be overlooked.

Return to “Community Members”