[bug?] Laundry doesn't work

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Laika
Site Admin

[bug?] Laundry doesn't work

Postby Laika » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Posting this from General, hope it's not a problem, next time I'll go straight to Dev.

I have two laundries, each services a horizontal cell block.

- Room requirements are ok
- Prisoners are assigned to the job, enough work time is scheduled
- I tried green / white / yellow access to the room
- Tried jail and simple doors at entrance
- Tried default logistics laundry-to-cell connections, also tried reassigning manually
- All research is completed
- Tried assigning a guard to a room
- I have abundance of free janitors, workers and other staff (I play with infinite funds)

Result is prisoners going to launries and walking around the room during their worktime, meanwhile Clothing need keeps rising. How can I fix that ?

I had deliveries room to the right side of a road, I moved it inside the prison camp. It made janitors put clothes in laundries, into the baskets, but prisoners are still doing nothing. Bulldozing and rebuilding both laundries had zero effect.
tertaim
level3
level3

Re: [bug?] Laundry doesn't work

Postby tertaim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

can you post a screenshot of laundry room?
waschboer
level0

Postby waschboer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi there,
i have or had a similar problem that I was not able to properly fix yet...
my prison is devided in multiple security sections each having their own laundry.
Laundry farthest away from the street never received any clothes which is why i had plenty of problems in that section.
Google search indicated that too many laundry baskets and too many uniforms within one section my cause the problem.
So i ended up dumping a lot of my laundry baskets and uniforms in the med. sec section of the prison (which was the first one i built)
Later I also unassigned all laundry rooms but the one farthest away from the street so that uniforms were delivered there.
This finally did the trick so that at least the 3 sections of my prison now seem to be doing laundry properly.
Hvnt restarted the laundries in the supermax and protective section yet - and i doubt they will work. They never have really :(

No idea how the game determins how many uniforms are being delivered into the laundry rooms but it seems to me that this needs to be looked at??
maybe determine laundry requirements just like kitchend/canteen supply and demand so that every laundry room is sure to have uniforms delivered to it depending on how many cells/cellblocks they serve.

This is what my laundry logistics look like currently and before all the dumping of laundry baskets and uniforms the laundry on the left side did not do anything really.
desrocchi
level1
level1

Postby desrocchi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:11 pm

I have a similar problem. I filled the area of land we are first given at the beginning of a session and I decided to mirror my prison to the other side of the road.

On the right side of the road, though, laundry can't seem to work.

Workers wander around doing nothing, but it looks like there's nothing for them to do: there are no dirty clothes on the beds of the cells assigned to them. I don't know where those clothes went or even if they were ever there, but I can't unlock the situation.

this is the structure of my prison

skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 am

I only have one laundry room, and the laundry machines only seem to work once. After that, they are never emptied. Also, nobody is doing the ironing.
snakedoc
level1
level1

Postby snakedoc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:14 am

Good morning,

I had the same problem as you guys, afther the last update my laundry was not working any more..., but i have sold my prison and start a new one and it works!. maybe test it first by starting a new game with unlimed money so you can see it works before you sell your prison but its a hint :P

Good Luck, snakedoc
waschboer
level0

Postby waschboer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi again,

thanks for your replies.
I think i started my prison after update 30 (aka the tablet update ;))
so it should not have anything to do with the last update, should it?
and i still think demand/supply for laundry should work like what is happening in canteen/kitchen :P
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:17 pm

thats an idea.

maybe the delivery of your laundry is connected to the count of laundry machines, like the canteen delivery is connected to the fridges.
Schoperation
level0

Postby Schoperation » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:06 pm

I've had the same problem with my most recent prison... except it was only in the max sec area. They NEVER had new uniforms.

I dismantled the beds of the affected cells, undesignated the cells AND the laundry, then re-added the beds, re-designated the cells and laundry... re-did the logistics... then after waiting a bit, assigned prisoners to the laundry and... after seeing my -200 cashflow, i saw -800 prisoner uniform at the top. So it worked :D

Kinda weird... maybe you could try that.

Thanks for reading my first post ( :) ) and happy pi day (at 1:59pm, of course)
waschboer
level0

Postby waschboer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Trixi wrote:thats an idea.

maybe the delivery of your laundry is connected to the count of laundry machines, like the canteen delivery is connected to the fridges.

Hi Trixi,

thanks for your reply. It certainly does not look that way tho. The laundry that has to take care of the largest section of the prison with currently 220 inmates has 5 washing mashines. all others have 4 or less.
The laundry with 5 has disproportionatly more uniforms delivered to it than a laundry with 4 mashines taking care of 160 prisoners.
Wonder if it were possible to manage supply and demand based on the logistic lines assigned. So if I assign 4 prison blocks with in total 80 prisoners, it calculates the demand according to the prisoners it has to serve based on logistics.
Maybe thats the way it already works!?!? who knows.

But on that note - what would be helpful for any kind of equipment you install would be a number of prisoners that equipment can provide service for.
There is a lot of info on the internet about laundry baskets, ironing boards and so on - but to be honest I'd find it more elegent if the equipment showed how many prisoners it can service.
e.g. fridge: 16 prisoners or cooker 50 prisoners ... smt like that.

Anyhow back to the laundry topic: since all the redoing and dismantling, my laundry logistics seem to work okish. Even opened up a completely new wing for low sec. and there it works too :)
Neverthless - one still has to guess a lot how systems work.
waschboer
level0

Postby waschboer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

finally figured out why clothes were not delivered to all but one of my laundry.
it seems uniforms cannot cross "staff only" zones.
I have only one laundry with a path from deliveries to laundry without any staff only zone in between.

I changed that so none of my laundry rooms have a direct connection to deliveries.
Now whenever clothes are being deliverd i change zones so that the laundry i want to have clothes deliverd to has a uninterupted path.
After delivery is done, i redo the deployment.
xlr8films
level2
level2

Postby xlr8films » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:35 pm

My intake is across the street and marked as shared, but everything else is staff only out front and it is getting uniforms, albeit from the janitors at night... Maybe the staff only thing applies to interiors only in your case?
PathogenQ
level1
level1

Postby PathogenQ » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:41 am

You don't really need to have direct connection to delivery ("staff only" sections).

I had an issue yesterday with laundry and prisoners just wandering around inside of them. One of my tries was to allow said laundry workers to have an access to delivery room. It didn't work.
What fixed that issue for me was placing a table inside the laundry, that allowed janitors to haul uniforms from delivery to said laundry, even though it was cut off by staff only section of a prison.

To be honest, I have no idea what caused that issue to pop up, as I have other laundries in that prison that work perfectly fine without tables. Anyway, since now on I will be placing tables inside of them just in case.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:36 pm

I had the same issue, I actually fixed it by dismantling all laundry baskets dumping all the uniforms that were left lying around by that (not the ones in cells, just the stacks and piles) and then re-placing the laundry baskets.

Return to “Community Members”