Feature request: Crushing walls

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

jamtarts
level1
level1

Feature request: Crushing walls

Postby jamtarts » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:33 pm

I had a fairly ok prison going, low and med security, got bored, decided to find out how many prisoners I could cram into the holding cell. After a while it becomes impossible to send guards in there to put/take prisoners out as the other prisoners get annoyed at being so crowded.

My solution would be to have a crushing wall, floor or ceiling so that the prisoners take less space. Also, I want crushing walls.

Hmm. I'm tempted to see how easy it is to mod things in, such as having airtight cellblocks that you can use lethal/knockout gas on, shock collars, or suspension tanks. I'm gonna watch fortress again :)
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Re: Feature request: Crushing walls

Postby HerrJoebob » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:09 pm

What in the world is a "crushing wall"?
jamtarts
level1
level1

Postby jamtarts » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:35 pm

heh, both of these examples have Harrison Ford in them

Crushing walls:

http://youtu.be/7U3Oti2L8S4

Crushing ceiling:

http://youtu.be/6ESLKWt5w4w
dxwarlock
level0

Postby dxwarlock » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:06 pm

jamtarts wrote:Such as having airtight cellblocks that you can use lethal/knockout gas on

Sealed rooms in which you put a lot of people in and gas them might send the wrong message...
And seriously doubt the devs would put in a crushing wall, prisons dont use slowly crushing walls to kill inmates.
Shion
level0

Postby Shion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Theoretically, i guess, most prison facilities would aim to REFORM people.
Killing and Torturing is not "generally" considering reform ahaha...
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I feel pretty confident in saying this will NOT be added to the game, nor do I see the need for it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 pm

I think that you are confused. The game is called "Prison Architect," not "Dungeons and Dragons."

xander
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:19 pm

or evil genius in that matter
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 pm

It could certainly be added as a mod though.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 am

RJenkos wrote:It could certainly be added as a mod though.

Probably not. The modding system is not that flexible.

xander
jamtarts
level1
level1

Postby jamtarts » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Lol yes I was joking. I had a friend over and we were having a laugh seeing how many prisoners can you fit into a 5x5 holding cell. Honestly, I don't know. And I like crushing walls! No one said (apart from when the CEO rings and never hangs up, making me mute volume as it was getting annoying) I had to run the prison well.

As for using non lethal knockout gas, or proper lethal gas, that is inspired by the fortress series of films. One of them was set on a spaceship, or was it an asteroid? Either way that means that the air could be vented out of sections, either deliberatly, or accidentially from a meteorite impact.

I'm not looking to make real life comparisons because prisons are a boring place full of mad, bad and sad people. Personally, I'm fond of this man Image Who's name is John Howard. He had this bright idea that if you didn't treat prisoners like shit, like not playing games with them (like, how long can you leave someone in a holding cell, whilst in full view of the reception staff doing fuck all and laughing. Or testing the fire alarms at 2 in the morning, getting a lot of prisoners banging on their doors and telling them to keep quiet, once a month to name two) , they'd start to feel like human beings and all those problems that culminated with them ending up in prison they can finally get some help for.

But, like simcity, sure it's nice to build a good, well running city with all the amenities, but it's also super fun to send in tornadoes, ufo's and riots.

Return to “Community Members”