Free copy of tablet version for current PC owners?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

sardiskan
level0

Free copy of tablet version for current PC owners?

Postby sardiskan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Just a quick question that has probably been answered somewhere on these forums.

Is introversion planning on giving a free copy of PA for tablet to everyone that has already purchased a license for the PC version? I'd imagine that to be a solid "hell no", but I did want to ask the question just in case.
jamtarts
level1
level1

Re: Free copy of tablet version for current PC owners?

Postby jamtarts » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 pm

I made my own free "tablet" copy of prison architect by using teamviewer on my phone and pc and then hey presto, open steam, run PA, and I got it to play, very laggy and I dunno how to zoom in and out without a scrollwheel. But has sound and everything.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 am

but hey, its something
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:44 am

sardiskan wrote:Just a quick question that has probably been answered somewhere on these forums.

Is introversion planning on giving a free copy of PA for tablet to everyone that has already purchased a license for the PC version? I'd imagine that to be a solid "hell no", but I did want to ask the question just in case.

I would assume that the answer is no, because the port to tablets costs money too.
jamtarts
level1
level1

Postby jamtarts » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:33 am

I'm guessing a samsung s4 would be too small to play on?

I'm still kinda tempted to buy it again. hey, I might get a tablet in the future, those things are nifty
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:05 am

If I may be permitted to use a parable... imagine someone (we'll call him Bob) going to a car dealers and buying a brand new Dodge Challenger 2015. The next year the newest model comes out and Bob goes back to the car dealer asking to have a free Dodge Challenger 2016 seeing as he purchased last year's model.

What do you think the car dealer's response will be?
jamtarts
level1
level1

Postby jamtarts » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:37 pm

In that analogy, car dealerships offer a part exchange where they buy back your used car at reduced value. But that's because they can sell it on for profit because it's a physical product. That doesn't work with the software world.
NorwegianProGaming
level0

Postby NorwegianProGaming » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:31 pm

No, but you can opt into the Alpha/Beta of the Tablet Testing, because they will be giving away free beta/alpha keys soon, so remember to be signed up to their mailing list!

(Can't quite remember if it was going to be an alpha or a beta :P)
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:38 pm

I would understand that the 'regular' PA owners wouldn't get the copy but I would assume that people who bought the 'name in the game' tier or higher will get a free copy.

From what I understand the Dev's want to put a price similar to the PC price for it which would probably be a mistake, I mean, If I could play GTA:SA for 7 euros, why would I go play PA with a max of 150 prisoners for 15?

Return to “General”