[Mod] Removing/sanitizing bio's

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Sumurai8
level2
level2

[Mod] Removing/sanitizing bio's

Postby Sumurai8 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Do the badly written bio's and stupid names break your immersion? Feel like you are running a prison of 10 year olds?

This mod will provide you with a more sanitized version of prisoner biographies, first, last and nicknames that you will need to edit into your game files. Subscribe to the mod, open and close the game to download the mod, then read the README file in the mod's folder. You'll need to extract main.dat, replace a file and archive main.dat again, but the instructions are in the readme file.

After correctly installing this mod the interface that opens when you click a prisoner should be 'fixed'. Any prisoners in your prison that entered before you applied this mod will still have the wrong hover-over name. This is because their name is stored in the save file, which I can't edit for you. The mod comes with a python script that you can run on a different version of names if you wish, or you could edit to exclude even more nonsense.

Version list
  • 1.0 - Original version
  • 1.1 - Update for Alpha 31

Links

Full feature list
  • Remove every bio
  • Replace all surnames with one that is already in the game if:
    • The name consists of 2 or more parts and the first part is not a known concatenation (e.g. "the")
    • It contains blacklisted phrases (e.g. genitials, childish obsession with bodily functions)
    • Something is repeated 3 times in the name (e.g. lalala)
    • It is 0 or 1 characters long
  • Replace all firstnames with one that is already in the game if:
    • Something is repeated 3 times in the name
    • It contains blacklisted phrases
    • It is 0 or 1 characters long
  • Completely remove nicknames if:
    • It contains more than 2 words or is longer than 15 characters
    • It contains anything else than a-z and spaces
    • It contains blacklisted phrases
  • First name, last name and nickname are turned into titlecase
  • First name, last name and nickname are whitespace trimmed (whitespace before and after the name is removed)
Last edited by Sumurai8 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
azairvine
level1
level1

Re: [Mod] Removing/sanitizing bio's

Postby azairvine » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:06 am

Definitely has potential. I would hope something like this would be implemented by the producers before the game is released!
Sumurai8
level2
level2

Postby Sumurai8 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Judging from the things I found in the name list, I can't think sanitizing custom names and bio's is very high on the priority list for introversion, and considering there are thousands of names on that list, I doubt they will go through it one by one to retro-actively enforce some guidelines. If you have any names the script shouldn't change, or names the script should pick up let me know though, and I'll change the script and run it on the current set of names again.
Sumurai8
level2
level2

Postby Sumurai8 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:34 pm

This mod now has been updated for Alpha 31
masterfantastic
level0

Postby masterfantastic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 am

ahaahhahaahhaha.. immersion? aahahahahahahahahaa

Return to “Modding”